Updated my Splitter Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper Dan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I definitely have too much time on my hands.

I made a post here a few weeks back on my 20 year logsplitter project.
If you didn't see it here is the PAGE

Played around with it some more today. SEE HERE

So...I'm done with it for awhile. Going back in the cold shed.

I need to get a life! :confused:

That is truly one overbuilt....and truly AWESOME setup! Great job, that looks like the ultimate setup to go into the timber for the day and go nuts on firewood. Thats also one hell of a saw lineup you have there!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

that's a nice setup but I believe I'd use more that a bungee cord to hold all those nice saws down, mount you some cinch straps or velcro straps to that then you will have a better tie down.

that's a nice setup but I believe I'd use more that a bungee cord to hold all those nice saws down, mount you some cinch straps or velcro straps to that then you will have a better tie down.
Dan, I have to agree with that. You have too many nice saws and dollars tied up in that nice setup you have. As inventive as you seem to be, I bet you can blow us away with some kind of killer system to secure your saws.

I don't think it will take as much as you think to hold em. They are heavy duty bungees and don't sit out in the weather.

The splitter doesn't bounce around much. It has a car rear end under it with leaf springs. I had to add a couple "helper" coil springs though to get some more fender clearance after I added everything. I tow it at 55 mph most of the time.

Wonder what this old beast weighs? (Might weigh it tommorrow before I put it up)

Dan, I wouldn't want to stop for coffee with all those saws, I'd be worried about some s.o.b. grabbing a few while I was inside - Maybe a few custom boxes? You know, "out of sight, out of mind"? Besides that, if you get on a wet sloppy salt covered road, well, you know where all that spray goes, right?

I really like the Wall of Fame.... I have never seen, nor know anyone with that many saws !!! How do the Dolmar compare to the Stihls? Our 066 has a 20" bar, your setup with the 36" bar is awesome.

Last edited:
tarp,?

D,D, How about a tarp, Man you are SET UP,. How do you decide which saw to use? Runner until she gets dull and swap,? LOLOL

I am sure it has been said.

but that is awesome.

I like the ability to go horzintal/vertical (personally)

but for a durable splitter that is gonna go some places and for its age...freakin awesome.

Congrads.

Thanks for sharing

Canyon

"Dan, I wouldn't want to stop for coffee with all those saws, I'd be worried about some s.o.b. grabbing a few while I was inside - Maybe a few custom boxes? You know, "out of sight, out of mind"? Besides that, if you get on a wet sloppy salt covered road, well, you know where all that spray goes, right?"

I have a tarp that covers up everything in transit.

"I really like the Wall of Fame.... I have never seen, nor know anyone with that many saws !!!"

Go over to the chainsaw section of this board...I haven't got many compared to those guys

"How do the Dolmar compare to the Stihls? Our 066 has a 20" bar, your setup with the 36" bar is awesome"

I like em ALL! I'm puttin a 28" on the 660 (too nose heavy)

Latest posts

Back