upgrading Dolmar/Makita

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont see a link, but I put a NWP on a 6421 a while back (I sold it). Big bang for the buck, casting quality on the cylinder is decent. I was unimpressed by the cylinder plating, but Im sure that saw will log in many many trouble free hours.

Howdy,
Chrome is more likely flake. Especially if you do any modifictions. If you do a microscopic inspection of a cross-section, there is a line where the chrome meets the aluminum. If there are any imperfections on that line, the chrome can flake, or chip.
Nikasil is more of an impregnated coating. When you look at a cross-section, there isn't a finite line. it transitions from aluminum, to aluminum and nikasil mix, to nikasil. The nikasil is a fairly thin coating after honing. There's only about .006 of nikasil before you get the the nikasil/aluminum blend.
I don't know if this link will work : Bailey's - 7900
If not, on our home page go to the lower right hand side of the page, and look for the Catalog Quick Order. Enter you quantity, and then the exact part number BBN 7900 and it will pull it up.
We also offer the 79cc OEM kit: Bailey's - Cylinder Assembly for Dolmar 6400, 7300, 7900 and Makita 6401, 7301, 7901

Regards
Gregg

Latest posts

Back