USA made bypass loppers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter_1957

Reaction score
I need to buy a set of quality bypass loppers. Prefer USA made, all I find locally are from china or tiwan. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Hunter

I need to buy a set of quality bypass loppers. Prefer USA made, all I find locally are from china or tiwan. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Hunter

I don't know of any that are USA made.

These are supposedly made in Canada

Felco is Swedish I think. Not sure about Bahco or Fiskars.

I am skeptical of any made in "Non-China" country stickers anymore. I think alot of the manufacturing of parts, especially steel, comes from China.

I have only used the smaller Corona hand pruners. Very nice quality ,made in USA. Here is the larger loppers. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004R9YD...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=dealt15235-20&linkCode=asn

I'm pretty doubtful of Corona's being Made in USA.

From their website:
Founded in the early 1920s, Corona Clipper, Inc. is a leader in the marketing and manufacturing of professional and consumer tools for the lawn and garden, landscape, irrigation, construction and agriculture markets. With a retail and distribution network that extends throughout the United States and Canada, Corona’s proven designs, quality manufacturing processes and unparalleled customer service make it the best choice in tools for contractors, agricultural professionals and avid gardeners alike.

In January 2000 Corona was acquired by Corporación Patricio Echeverria, a Spanish hand tool manufacturer and is now a division of this corporation.

Even if they had not been acquired by the Spanish Company, they only talk about their retail and distribution in the US, not their manufacturing or even engineering.

Some Corona that I have seen lately are made in Taiwan. Still seem to be fairly heavy and tough.
If you want quality buy Felco.

Thanks in advance
Hunter

What are you going to use them for? With pruning equipment, I find that it's almost pointless to focus on country of manufacture if good quality for the particular tool is important. Big, medium or small? And for what purpose. For example, I use a tiny lopper in fruit trees.

For most pruning, a lopper is not very usefull if someone had a good handsaw and hand pruners. I mainly use big loppers for suckers near the ground. Had some blue loppers - trying to remember the brand. May come back to me later today.

The blue are in the image below. The small set are Felco I use for fruit trees. Lasted since the 1980s. Use Silkiy handsaw now instead of the ARS shown. But like leather scabbards. Usually have folding saw for cuts near the soil.

attachment.php

Last edited:
the best i have ever used are seymour smith brand loppers, they were made about 10 minutes from here was there factory in oakville ct. they are truely durable and dont spring apart like many cheap stamped ones do, and the jaws have a smaller dia radious so they cut great. unfourtanatly a quick look online shows that now seymour smith is just a name on cheaply made loppers and such, all the pairs i have are from tag sales and passed down from family, if ya can get a pair i think you will agree in there quality. i keep mine close and dont loan them out for sure!

Back