• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Used 20 inch bar 3/8 72 Drive Links

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a saw want ad on craigslist, and I recently actually had someone offer me a "brand new" 391 for $725 w/25" b/c.

I sent him packing, empty handed. But the real reason was just because I didn't "have extensive experience of a chainsaw to to handle such a powerful saw."

(Actually, I politely declined)

So its not just that guy in Texas who is crazy....

I know the MS 391 is a powerful saw that should only be operated by qualified users because of it's awesome power, but I think maybe the guy scammed me on the bar and that's why it wore out so quickly. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it may be a Chinese knockoff. Here's a picture, what do you guys think?

Stihlbar.jpg

It is a beasty saw, I see nothing wrong with that bar, although there does seem to be something well ah off a little.
Maybe you should start a thread in the TP and see what you can find out:happybanana:.

Back