Used Chainsaw Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lohengrin

Reaction score
I am not an arborist, but was referred to this site by a friend.

I am looking to buy a used chainsaw to use with a mill to cut lumber to feed my woodworking habit. I would like at least a 20 inch saw, but bigger would be better.

My only qualifications are that it runs well and is between $200-300. I am located in SW Minnesota and am willing to either drive to pick it up(100-150 miles or so) or pay for shipping.

Send me an email, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks,
Russ

Don't mean this to be rude. If you are looking for a saw to do milling, and you want it to be a good running saw; it will cost $400 if your really lucky. More likely though it will be in the range of $5-600 for a Stihl 066. If your handy, you can buy fixable/running part saws in the price range your looking.

You could go to less HP but then milling will be a real chore. I wish you luck in your search, and welcome to AS.

Tom

thompson1600 said:
Don't mean this to be rude. If you are looking for a saw to do milling, and you want it to be a good running saw; it will cost $400 if your really lucky. More likely though it will be in the range of $5-600 for a Stihl 066. If your handy, you can buy fixable/running part saws in the price range your looking.

You could go to less HP but then milling will be a real chore. I wish you luck in your search, and welcome to AS.

Tom

No offense taken at all. I appreciate the feedback and will certainly consider buying a saw of that type is someone has one for sale. I will also do some research on the saw you mentioned(as I am no arborist, and no expert, as you already know).

Thanks again, and best regards,
Russ

If you are pretty patient the 2077 listed will do ok, but will be slower going.

Fred

you will see 394xp husky's sell for about 300 plus shipping on ebay. just look at the feedback on the seller.make shure the feedback is from buers not just sellers.i have one but have not milled with it, but think it will do the job nicely.i am shure there are people on here that have.problum with sp125c ,2100 huskys,2100 homelites hard to find parts for.just my 2 cents

I am by no meens a pro but I have a 041 for sale less chain and bar they are pretty much shot I think Pm me If you are Interested

Back