• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Used Foredom or alternative wigglesworth is the winner!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also need a right angle CC hand piece or ?

I've been running a hand me down harbor freight flex shaft grinder. Been using it for two or so years now and it hasn't missed a beat. I think they're only $50 or so.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative to the CC specialties right angle. Your gonna have to spend the bucks on that one...

I've been running a hand me down harbor freight flex shaft grinder. Been using it for two or so years now and it hasn't missed a beat. I think they're only $50 or so.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative to the CC specialties right angle. Your gonna have to spend the bucks on that one...
I see they have a hand piece with their set. Will the CC Specialty r/a tip fit, do you know?

I just picked up the same Chicago electric flex shaft. The handpiece does suck size wise but I haven't felt any heat as described in some of its reviews. On thing that really bothers me is the vibration of the shaft at higher speeds. I haven't tried to lubricate it yet. I have justly been running it at lower speed anyway.

I just picked up the same Chicago electric flex shaft. The handpiece does suck size wise but I haven't felt any heat as described in some of its reviews. On thing that really bothers me is the vibration of the shaft at higher speeds. I haven't tried to lubricate it yet. I have justly been running it at lower speed anyway.

Pull the flex shaft out and clean it/lubricate it. Makes a big difference. Also I made a po-boy speed control with a light switch dimmer and chucked the crappy foot switch for a single pole off/on foot switch. Been that way for a year now. I keep waiting for the dimmer to fry, but so far so good.

Right on thanks man. what did you use for lubricant?

Pull the flex shaft out and clean it/lubricate it. Makes a big difference. Also I made a po-boy speed control with a light switch dimmer and chucked the crappy foot switch for a single pole off/on foot switch. Been that way for a year now. I keep waiting for the dimmer to fry, but so far so good.
Could you please tell me some more about the switch stuff. Is the foot control originally just on and off? What is the function of your speed control thingy.

Could you please tell me some more about the switch stuff. Is the foot control originally just on and off? What is the function of your speed control thingy.

The pedal that comes with it has a rheostat speed control. Mine failed and I had only off and WFO. I just wired a light switch dimmer in a handi box and used it to control speed using a simple on/off foot switch to stop and start it.

Clear as mud?

The pedal that comes with it has a rheostat speed control. Mine failed and I had only off and WFO. I just wired a light switch dimmer in a handi box and used it to control speed using a simple on/off foot switch to stop and start it.

Clear as mud?
ClearR! With my shaky hands, I HAVE to have total control, slow speed and instant stop! If the HF foot control gives up maybe I could get some other better quality unit?????

A sewing machine petal should work well. An older commerical model machine has a 1/3 to 3/4hp motor so the petal will handle the current.

Grobet has a good petal on their fordom type tools. It has a good controllable feel to it and cheaper than the Fordom brand.

Latest posts

Back