Using A WireCore Personal Lanyard..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will give the guy credit for getting in the tree to start with but that is all. Lots of folks would not even think about leaving ground. Hopefully with some training and guidance might work out. Glad to hear about hook up with netree hopefully will benefit both. Willing students are VERY difficult to find. Good Luck;)

Thanks for the kind words and "Constructive Criticism". I want to learn and would like to hook up with Eric. The last thing I want to do is "scorge" the arborist industry. Sorry for affending you Rock. I bought the gear and did the reading to simply try to take care of the trees on my property. Some one saw me pruning one of my maples and away it went. I hope Eric is willing to help. I am determined and want to do it right.

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
People like you cost people like me thousands of dollars a year in inflated insurance costs. Yes, I pay for your ignorance.
please note this is false. rjs do you really pay $2000+/yr.? yin's been careful and has his brain in gear. rocky, he's done you no harm; why dis him?

bullwinkle j. moose

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
People like you cost people like me thousands of dollars a year in inflated insurance costs. Yes, I pay for your ignorance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Guy Meilleur
please note this is false. rjs do you really pay $2000+/yr.?

In VA insurance companies will not even touch anyone that claims to be arborist. I was trying for months to get policy for stump grinding. Finally cornered one agent into telling me that since Isabel last september so many claims from tree related injuries came in they stopped writing policy. Finally, thanks to D. Murphy hooked up with a company in PA that will write policy and not ask for kidney as payment. I am signing the policy next week. Fly - by- night tree companies DO cost the rest of us money simply by dragging down arborist field with untrained & inexperienced workers getting themselves hurt. This is a fact.

Originally posted by Dadatwins
[B Fly - by- night tree companies DO cost the rest of us money simply by dragging down arborist field with untrained & inexperienced workers getting themselves hurt. [/B]
sadly, this is true, but it was exaggerated by the previous poster. Glad murph helped out w ins.

Originally posted by Guy Meilleur
......why dis him?

bullwinkle j. moose

Dis? As in "my underwear sticks out of my jeans and i'll bust a cap in yo a$$ if you dis me"? Dis as in "i am too ???? lazy to earn your respect so i'll get a gun an make you respect me"?

Is that what you were referring to or did you mean disrespect?

I know my first comment here is truly coming from the Peanut Gallery. By the looks of the trees in the pictures, a grand for the takedowns is robbery. If you can take them down with your limited skills and no rigging, they were set-up for a rip-off. Was the grand for takedown only or cleanup too?

Now, on to learning. You look like you got in way over your head but got lucky. Seeing all of the rip cuts and brush piled back in the tree shows that you have little or no control of the branches as you cut them. I'll bet the everyone of the branches hit tips-first and then the butts jumped back into the tree. That is a good recipe for either getting hurt or causing damage.

You can't rely on an internet education in treework. If you're a good student you'll learn a lot from reading, studying and taking the tests in The Tree Climbers Companion. Then read the ANSI Z133 standards. Then get the video series, The Art and Science of Practical Rigging. Watch the vids and study the book. If you think the series is expensive, think about how much a good school-based education costs. You'll be paying about the equivalent of a three or four credit class. Much less than what a chainsaw costs and pocket change compared to what a trip to the emergency room or the morgue would cost.

Stick with trimming for a while, none of us want to hear about any more deaths in the industry that we all love and are proud of being participants.

Tom

the smartest think you could do is see erik,we all started somewhere! start with some good basics any good tree person will be happy to inform a willing participant. you will do that job in less than half the time

the smartest think you could do is see erik,we all started somewhere! start with some good basics any good tree person will be happy to inform a willing participant. you will do that job in less than half the time

Will do . I'm in persuit of the man as I speak ;) Thanks all for the comments. It has been a motivational and humbling experience. I appreciate and respect all of your advices.

Thanks again.

Tony

Latest posts

Back