Using Husqvarna 2-cycle oil in Stihl Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RES said:
I was able to get a good buy on Husqvarna 2-cycle oil. Is there any downside on using this oil in Stihl saws?

Not at all - of course the saw will no doubt run much better, at a lower cost as well, but don't let that deter you... :rockn:

Husky oil? No problem. Just be sure to use Husky gasoline or you run an increased risk of Plutonic reversal. I miss Simonizer, I'm sure he could clarify this simple question with an incomprehensible answer.

Stihldoc said:
Husky oil? No problem. Just be sure to use Husky gasoline or you run an increased risk of Plutonic reversal. I miss Simonizer, I'm sure he could clarify this simple question with an incomprehensible answer.

Now THAT'S funny!:jester:

Just don't tell your Stihl saws that you are using Husky oil and they won't know the difference. I've been using Husky oil in mine for the past winter; as I got a good buy on it too. But next winter I'm in clover, as I bought some 2 cycle racing oil from the Suzuki bike dealer in Arkansas on my last trip there. Put that together with some of that $4 a gallon premium gas and the trees will faint when they see me coming. :chainsaw:

Back