Value of saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. Used saw, no warrantee, cut the price of a comparable new saw in half and start from there. Ported I would cut it in half again.

Value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. Used saw, no warrantee, cut the price of a comparable new saw in half and start from there. Ported I would cut it in half again.

At this guys price with a masterminds port job on it... I’d take it all day long if it runs.

462 is what 1100 right now? Half being 550 and half again because it’s “ported” being $225... sorry but this isn’t sound logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To each his own. I see no value in a ported saw, but if you do, have at it. Like I said, it is what someone is willing to pay. The 441 was a piece of crap. I think $225 is more than a bit generous.

To each his own. I see no value in a ported saw, but if you do, have at it. Like I said, it is what someone is willing to pay. The 441 was a piece of crap. I think $225 is more a bit generous.
I don't disagree entirely about the model, but I don't think he was asking what you or I would pay.

Around me, 450-500 with a good bar and chain

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I've got a shelf queen Husqvarna 346xp ported by DozerDan. It's like new, I've only run one tank of fuel thru it, what do you guys think it is worth?
I've also got a 372xpg non-xtorq with maybe 6 tanks of fuel thru it as well that I'm considering selling, any thoughts of asking price?

I've got a shelf queen Husqvarna 346xp ported by DozerDan. It's like new, I've only run one tank of fuel thru it, what do you guys think it is worth?
~$600

I've also got a 372xpg non-xtorq with maybe 6 tanks of fuel thru it as well that I'm considering selling, any thoughts of asking price?
$650

I have a brand new in the box 346xp(NE), never seen the light of day. I also have both a 372xp (71cc) and a 372(75cc) in the box. Not for sale or ebay….. yet. Not the least bit worried about the price and no honyock in a shed has ever touched them.

It don’t matter what I think they are worth. Proof is in the pudding. Nice shiny box, never been touched, free shipping. I might get what a paid form them on the bay. Still have plenty of time and no shortage of other saws to exploit. Did I mention my minty ms200T(s) I still have??

It don’t matter what I think they are worth. Proof is in the pudding. Nice shiny box, never been touched, free shipping. I might get what a paid form them on the bay. Still have plenty of time and no shortage of other saws to exploit. Did I mention my minty ms200T(s) I still have??

I guess I’m confused to why you are posting then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like everyone else, we post for fun. Why the heck else would you give away your valuable time and knowledge for nothing??

I have a brand new in the box 346xp(NE), never seen the light of day. I also have both a 372xp (71cc) and a 372(75cc) in the box. Not for sale or ebay….. yet. Not the least bit worried about the price and no honyock in a shed has ever touched them.

Holy ****, you have 3 saws still new in the box? 3 whole saws? Does that make you some authority on chainsaws? He asked the value of a Mastermind ported 441, and your answer is $275? While I’m not a huge 441 fan, that’s some seriously funny ****.

I am no authority on the value of a chainsaw. I can only tell you and the OP the guide I go by. I use the same guide on all used equipment. New with warrantee is worth something. Used with questionable modifications lessen value in my book. If you use a different standard, post up.

Back