Value of your collection?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just starting out. Dollar wise, my wife thinks it's an interesting pile of junk. :D

This thread might be a bad idea???
All your guy's wife's will get on here see how much "your piles of junk" are really worth and try to kill you all off to get the money :laugh:

luckily.. Im single :rock:

The value of my collection will go up some once i receive in the mail the chainsaw that i purchased from you last weekend. :msp_biggrin:

Oh wait a minute!..... You didn't add that saw in with your collection total did you!!!?? :angry:

:hmm3grin2orange::jester:

No I didnt, I still havent taken it out of my sig yet :bang:

Well

I know how much I paid for them. Bars and chains are expendables, although some present value. But it doesn't matter much until the day comes that I want to sell them all.
Then the value will be dictated by the market, the condition they are in, and other factors. That may be tomorrow or years down the road. Truthfully, I have them for a reason just like my other tools. Cost was justified when I bought them. Some I needed, some I wanted.

Now, don't you feel better, you don't have to worry about having more than at least one of us. HA!

My Conclusion

A firewood (or chainsaw) collection has value to only those who burn firewood. To those who do not, it is worthless, unless they earn their living by cutting wood.

Many people buy chainsaws only whenever trees fall down in the yard or threaten the house. Even then they just call up a service and pay to have it all done. Remember that chainsaws frighten many people, and most cannot even start one of them.

Last edited:
My entire collection of running equipment cost me $6,470.82 as near as I can figure.
This doesn't include bars and chains on all of them, but most of them came with a useable bar and chain anyway.

My entire collection of running equipment cost me $6,470.82 as near as I can figure.
This doesn't include bars and chains on all of them, but most of them came with a useable bar and chain anyway.

Alderman,
Could you be abit more exact..:msp_biggrin:

Is that net present value and have you factored in inflation?

I have no big problem.
All my saws are 5 miles away from my house
Yeah, good post jacob, and I have wondered that too, and only guessed. Never totaled em up now I will. As far as people being worried about it being a public place and posting. I wouldn't because most people on this site know what saws we have anyway, either by our bragging or the posting with a list of saws below our names. They won't need a dollar amount next to it they already would know what they are worth.

Change

I think I have changed my answer to this thread. I believe I now owe more on my collection than they are worth unless you are a collector.

Yeah, good post jacob, and I have wondered that too, and only guessed. Never totaled em up now I will. As far as people being worried about it being a public place and posting. I wouldn't because most people on this site know what saws we have anyway, either by our bragging or the posting with a list of saws below our names. They won't need a dollar amount next to it they already would know what they are worth.

A lot of these collector saws we on AS have would be worthless to a thief. A new Wild Thing to them would be more valuable than a nice looking 797 because they mostly are not saw collectors and a Wild Thing would be easier to carry.

My C5 would be another example. I have it in my mind that it is a keeper, along with a Mac 1-40 that I like but people not collecting saws would think they are heavy, worthless old relics. Moneywise they probably aren't worth over $50 but it's not always about the money with us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back