Vermeer 352 stumper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just blew my vermeer 352 engine, dihatsu 34 HP diesel. Kinda stumped (so to speak) at what to do. The motor was a piece of junk. Is there a better choice that would fit into the 352? Or Is there somewhere I can get a refurbished or rebuilt Dihatsu? XCan't find anyone to do anything with this motor. Any thoughts?

A 30 something HP Briggs big block, should fit on it without too much modification. Those B&S big blocks have proven to be very durable engines.
I would not put another one of those Dihatsu junkers on it. When I was a commercial zero turn mower dealer, I would not stock or sell mowers powered with that engine. It kind of reminded me of the light duty GM 6.2 diesels, of the 1980's.

I would not replace the engine with another Daihatsu as you'll only be asking for more trouble. Vermeer knows this has been a horrible engine and you may want to contact them to see about another motor mounting kit and what they recommend.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Just blew my vermeer 352 engine, dihatsu 34 HP diesel. Kinda stumped (so to speak) at what to do. The motor was a piece of junk. Is there a better choice that would fit into the 352? Or Is there somewhere I can get a refurbished or rebuilt Dihatsu? XCan't find anyone to do anything with this motor. Any thoughts?
I know Vermeer eventually dropped the Dihatsu because they had such bad luck and went to the Yanmar, ,maybe they are able to help with a conversion kit on your machine?

Back