Vermeer 935 chipper needs to leave my warehouse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakerTREE

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Irving, TX (Between Dallas and Ft. Worth)
I need to sell a vermeer 935 -- i'll get pictures (tomorrow day's end)
has 1641 hours and runs well (our everyday chipper until we purchased another 1800xl in september :) )

We also have a rayco 1625 super junior -- the engine is blown on this thing. It's not a necessity that we sell the stump grinder, but the chipper really should hitch a ride on someone elses truck.

Post a note if you might be interested. I'll get the pictures up tomorrow evening.

James Baker
Baker Tree Service
972 877.6166 cell

Pictures

Here are some pictures of the 935. I'm doing some maintenance and oil changes tomorrow after we get done for the day -- I'll pull the machine out and take a few more pictures if anyone is interested. $7,000 should be a ball park fair price for the machine. I'll gladly take the best offer honestly given. (heck, i'll even take more if someone's willing -- but i suppose that would be a bit optimistic) :p

I'll also get the rayco out tomorrow.

I thought that it was a 50hp, if its 115hp then thats even better.

I might be interested, I am renting a chipper now, a 935 with a 50hp perkins.

It is a diesel right?

yeah the 1230 and 1250 only have the 84 hp perkins. I'd think 50hp diesel would be right. I've seen many of them w/ 35hp wisconsin gas. Please post pics of the rayco.. What year is it?

oops...

idle for a quick bite to eat....ya'll are right. 115 is what our old 1800 had. The engine is a perkins but I'm not sure on the hp. If the 50 is common, I'd wager that's what it is. I'm still planning on getting some new pictures up this evening.

former stumper goodness

sorry for the delay. I still haven't taken the new pictures of the rayco. However, here is a picture of the machine in action (prior to the engine sadness).

If curious, the hard working operator at the helm is my father -- the original Mr. Baker :)

Asking $2300 for the stump grinder. As I stated earlier, the engine is worthless. The drive system that drives the grinding wheel was converted to a chain and sprocket system from the original belt system. The machine would need new teeth as well.
Seeing as how there is some interest in the stump grinder, I'll definitely be sure to take the pictures of it tomorrow. I'll get a picture of it without the cover so y'all can see the chain and sprocket assembly. Before we changed it to the chain driven system we broke three ($$$) belts in quick succession. We assumed some sort of misalignment was occurring; however, at $250-$280 per belt break we couldn't afford to keep up the guess work. After switching to the chain drive the machine ran great -- then the engine went kaput. We just switched back to our kan-du and have been running well enough since. I'll be receiving our Carlton 7015 the week after the TCI show :) :) :)
Well, that's some news on the stumper.

It would also be nice to get the 935 chipper out of the warehouse. If someone's interested I'm sure we can work something out.

As a tentative alternative, we also have an original '96 Vermeer 1800. We're having a lot of work done on it to bring it back up to snuff. We had originally planned to fix and sell it; however, due to the relatively low cost of getting it back to operation compared to the advantage of having a second operational 1800 we decided to fix it and say goodbye to the 935 instead. IF we sold the 1800 we would want somewhere in the ballpark of $17,500 assuming the quoted price on repair/maintenance remains unchanged. It has 1941 hours on a 115hp perkins.

Yep, there's a novella for ya'll -- sorry for the long read, but I hope something here will be somewhat useful to someone. :)

Well, I'll defenitely have to see the chain setup, how many hours are on the machine?? I wonder if your motor problem was related to the chain system?? What would have to be changed back to have the original belt setup back in action??

More pictures of rayco

Here are some current pictures of the rayco. You can see the chain drive on the wheel. There was more than a year between the time the chain drive was put on and when the engine went down. The machine has somewhere in the neighborhood of 440 hours (i took pictures of the hour meter but they were fuzzy and I cannot recall the exact number.... I think it was 434 or 441 or something).
$120 was spent for the chain and relevant parts to convert the machine to chain driven. It wouldn't be much for someone to change the machine back to belt driven if you wanted to try to figuere out what was going wrong.
I think dull teeth would have been one of the largest contributing factors to the excess pull on the engine.

Back