Vermeer BC 600XL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 6 inch chippers made by a "local" firm Hansa, they are great chippers, world class. one is 14 years old and the other is on its first birthday this month. The older one is 6x6 and the new model is 6x12.(simular to the new bandit).

The 6x12 is able to handle 3 times the material the 6x6 can do, its night and day. The extra cost is worth it if you can find a good 6x12.

I have 2 6 inch chippers made by a "local" firm Hansa, they are great chippers, world class. one is 14 years old and the other is on its first birthday this month. The older one is 6x6 and the new model is 6x12.(simular to the new bandit).

The 6x12 is able to handle 3 times the material the 6x6 can do, its night and day. The extra cost is worth it if you can find a good 6x12.

The Bandit is a 6x12, but again, it is a slightly bigger unit. Got any picts of the Hansa Timber?

attachment.php
Yeah, not a good pic. Its got a 30hp kohler and units on a rotating base so you can feed it from nearly 360 degrees. BIG time and back saver in our tight town. They did it for me although they hadnt done one before.

The diesel version http://www.hansaproducts.com/modelC30.htm

TV, the tires are plenty highway worthy as far as speed and stability but they don't wear well if you are putting a lot of miles on. Not too expensive to replace.

This is a great pickup truck chipper. You will need to take into consideration its narrow wheel base and the fact that it is really, really short. If you have a large dump box on the back of your pickup, you won't be able to see it; making backing up virtually impossible. It does have pockets for flags, so that even with a large box, theoretically this would allow you back-ability.

I altered the box on my pickup to where it allowed me visibility of the chipper.

These little guys produce high quality chips at a decent rate for low initial cost. They seem to be the number one choice for rental yards, so are readily available used. I would be curious to see how you get along with the auto-feed. Couldn't stand it and had it disconnected. The hydraulic feed rate control lever allows all the regulation I need.

Dave

attachment.php

Is that a loadhandler on the tailgate? (If so does it work well?) Or is that a dump insert box?

Is that a loadhandler on the tailgate? (If so does it work well?) Or is that a dump insert box?

Loadhandler and it works quiet well. It will dump a full load of green chips but it does take some effort. It dumps logs easier but puts your toes in danger.

Dave

Latest posts

Back