Vermeer chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I pay $25.00 for 9 yards no pulloffs. Not a bad deal. I am going for a loader in the future. It would allow me to lift 14' logs. This can be a + when people land clear w/dozers only to find they cannot burn. Yes it is a greater expense but if bought new and kept up will last forever. Looking at rotobec and prentice. I would like to purchase some land and tinker with making a horizontal grinder(chips and twigs to mulchable product). I have a plasma cutter and mm185. any ideas?

i get $10 a cubic metre,ill mulch everything i can,i use towing guys with tilt trays to cart larger stuff to mills,theyll take it if its free,if there real sraight ill ask for a few $$

You would be better off rebuilding an old grinder. The amount of engineering required to build a device like this is staggering. You may be able to find one that needs and engine and rebuild that. It would take more than a plasma and a welder........it takes a plan.

I have seen the inner workings of a tub grinder. I have also looked at the mulchers for small branches and leaves. It has finger cutouts so a blade can pass reducing the particulate to the size of the finger cutout. It would work great for chipped wood because its finer than a 1-2" stick. Make one larger to accept more chips and larger motor to pick up the pace. Its somthing I will work on when I have freee time. Could use stumpgrinder teeth for small horizontal grinder. Junk yards have plenty of 6-8 cylinder gas motors. Ballance a heavy 2-3" thick disk (vermeer disk chipper) Beltit the same way. Takes shock off of motor. Make engine 1 to 1. @4000 rpm torque and horsepower is close to the same. Heavy duty berings and a scattershield to prevent injuries. I am talking 20" by 30" small one. Any Ideas?

Chipper

Thanks group for the information. THe chipper I was going to look at has a disel engin but not sure of the hp.

Tom, I would be interested in talking to you about yours.

Latest posts

Back