vermeer grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfking42084

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone considered buying one of the vermeer hg200 grinders instead of a chipper? I don't know anything about them other than it might be something to look into. they are supposed to shread like a grinder but can take limbs or anything. Sure would save some chipper blades when debris gets muddy or whatever. Their website says the debis conveyor that carries the finished product can swivel into the truck you are pulling it with or to either side. We all know chips can be hard to get rid of sometimes, why not have the shreaded mulch.

That seems like a neat little machine. I wonder if it would be able to pull the larger brush into it as easily as a chipper or if you'd end up spending the entire day splitting the crotches with your chainsaw in order to feed it.

it's a nice TOY it has a hard time grinding a 4X4 it would not be good for a tree co. as it was built for the construction ind. to help break down wood wast going into dumpsters

Hey ASD

How good is that machine. I have been looking for a smaller type of grinder that can handle large capacity at times. Would this one be able to handle it. Sounds like it has some serious horsepower but at only 20 000lbs can it hold together. How much does that unit go for with the larger type of engines?

That is a very neat machine. i was wondering as well how much that boy cost! would be worth it to get rid of our dump pile once every couple of weeks.

That is a very neat machine. i was wondering as well how much that boy cost! would be worth it to get rid of our dump pile once every couple of weeks.

i think they are near 75grand or so.

they look good, but too small for most jobs, i see many others for a few bucks more that are much more capable.

Back