vermeer stump grinder on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Sisler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello this model number is not known.It is auction #7561721593. It ends in 1 day,9hrs. Looks like a 206, but the owner says that it is not self propelled.Any Idea? How expensive or difficult would it be to convert to self propelled. Says it is a BS engine , but looks like a kohler.Any opinions about this piece of equipment? Roger

I had one of these Vermeer stumpers but mine was self propelled. I didn't think it had enough power, was good on 6" and smaller stumps but slow.

I'm guessing it's an old 186 that someone took the hydraulic drive motors off of. Those things were so slow you could push them faster than they would motor on their own.

Yeah, but $1200? Slow propelling is probably why the po removed that stuff.. How much do you suppose it would cost to refit it with the necessary components for self propelling?

You won't be happy with it. Too slow. I had one I got in a deal in buying 6 used stumpers from a vermeer dealer. I used it a few times on 2 and 3 inch stumps. Could have dug out with an axe quicker. Its not worth anything without the hyd drive.

Latest posts

Back