veterans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool ironworker. My dad was on the uss kittyhawk 75-80 and little brother was on uss enterprise 05-10. I couldn't go to the military because of bad knees and ankles from to many dirt bike accidents they just wouldn't let me in. Thanks for your service ironworker

I'm not trying to hijack this thread , but in light of today's events I will say, as a currently serving Soldier and OIF vet, I think it's time, or at least I'm ready, to pack bags again, kiss my honey bye-bye for a while, make another trans-Atlantic flight, put our boots on (the ground) and go to work, putting this ISIS crap to bed once and for all.

Again, don't want to hijack this. It just pisses me off, our president (not capitalized on purpose) was more concerned about being "the guy who got America out" then completing something the right way....

As the thread was intended, a THANK YOU for YOUR service to fellow Veterans! I hope I'm not out of line and apologize if I am.

Duane

I'm not trying to hijack this thread , but in light of today's events I will say, as a currently serving Soldier and OIF vet, I think it's time, or at least I'm ready, to pack bags again, kiss my honey bye-bye for a while, make another trans-Atlantic flight, put our boots on (the ground) and go to work, putting this ISIS crap to bed once and for all.

Again, don't want to hijack this. It just pisses me off, our president (not capitalized on purpose) was more concerned about being "the guy who got America out" then completing something the right way....

As the thread was intended, a THANK YOU for YOUR service to fellow Veterans! I hope I'm not out of line and apologize if I am.

Duane
Spot on post, my man. At 48, I'd suit up and boot up again to shut those SOB's down for good...exterminate their asses from the planet.

Why does the scene from back to school with Rodney Dangerfield and Sam Kinneson suddenly fill my heart with love for the wanton to get back in the fight myself?

Duane

Nearly every fellow veteran feels the same way. I'd pack up quickly and get ready to take care of business. It's a little disgusting to hear how the tyrants want to use religion to call us "infidels" then make more plans to kill innocent women and children. Makes me wonder what ISIS will do next.

Unless someone invades us I would never wear a uniform for this country ever again and neither will my children, let those maggots in Washington send their kids.
I tend to disagree with the first part of your comment...but wholeheartedly agree 1000% with the latter of it...let the political elite send their little preppie, primpie boys to fight and see how they like it.

What was disgusting to hear was what that idiot that lives in that white house at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. had to say this morning! Oh yah, HIS policy is working so well! A lot of people bash the French, but THEY had the balls to step up and do something about what happened, immediately, not months after. The entire world is pleading to come together and get busy, but nooo, our idiot wants to let them come on in, put their feet up, wants to make excuses...disgusting!

I'm proud to be in a state who's Governor said "NO"!

Duane

Thank you. I was a peacetime vet with the exception of Operation Desert Thunder.

I tend to disagree with the first part of your comment...but wholeheartedly agree 1000% with the latter of it...let the political elite send their little preppie, primpie boys to fight and see how they like it.
I'm older. ALL my uncles were vets. And 2 aunts.

Things have changed since they were in WW II.

I believe it was in the book "O Congress" there is a passage about a member of congress addressing the house saying he was ashamed of them.
He'd just got news his son was killed in Viet Nam. And NO OTHER members child had gone. They had all gotten them out of going.

Back