Vibration, cutting Stihl 360 vs. Husky 357XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoolsRushIn

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Also, air filter access/surface area?

Thanks,
Vince

Yes, I might buy one and attempt the crazy cut in the other thread.

I have an 036 (same thing as a ms360) and really like it, I should as it is my second one!!! I use it for blocking firewood and also in the tree when I have to block out large chunks. To me it is a very smooth running saw and with a 20'' bar has plenty of power even in hardwoods. As for the air filter, I clean them out every day on all my saws that I used that day! I clean them using an air compressor.

cant comment on the 357,except to say id like to have one.
i can tell u the 360 is as fine a saw as
i ever used . power and smooth operation. no fixed jet,ihope. sorry stihl tech. just dont likum. facts is facts.

Hello Vince,

I have used a MS360 and it by all means is a good saw but,I do own a 357XPG and the saw is a little powerhouse for it's size I like the Husky saws over the Stihls now because of their anti-vibe setup..the Huskies just dont vibrate as much..the air filter is easily accesible with snap cover,easy too clean etc..My vote would be the 357XP.

Later Rob.

Used a 360 once for a couple of cuts, seemed like a great saw, I have two 257s, an earlier generation of the 357 and really like the saw, everyone who has a 357 seems to really like it and many have had them modified and rave about them. I plan on selling my 257s and having a 357 built by one of the gurus on this site. (If they survive Clearwater)

The 357 is by far the better saw, its very smooth, but I am sure it can be bastardized by the common woodtick like any other saw could be. If you cant file or do the other stuff than stay home, unless fuddy duddying around turns your crank. Remember, life is evolutionary, not revolutionary.
John Boy

Back