vid. 066 in rock hard fir

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grey box eh. Looks hard, probably cuts like butter though! LOL

What, lol? :msp_scared:

Yellowbox, nearly as hard. At a junction in the tree as you can see before the first cut.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4CgTpsPjpyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Danger you guys ever sleep? Took me 20 min to read most all the replies.
that 026 video from the other day was pine.

I feel like a retard--I spent 15 minutes reading this thread, and still don't what to call Douglas Fir.

Didn't this thread start out being about a chainsaw :confused:?

:msp_tongue:

I feel like a retard--I spent 15 minutes reading this thread, and still don't what to call Douglas Fir.

Yeah, it did. Butt, feel free to jump in with a post ever so often to show your avi chic some love :msp_thumbsup:

Since were offyopic I bought these bar clamps and there danger handy
2011-04-12131811.jpg

Ought we actually call Doug fir red fir around here. The name is fitting my saws are coated ref after a few cuts

Leastways, it looks hard and dry. Good vid from Evan. Perhaps its that cross balsawood pine/fir. I get mixed up.:laugh:

Since were offyopic I bought these bar clamps and there danger handy

Ought we actually call Doug fir red fir around here. The name is fitting my saws are coated ref after a few cuts

Nice clamps. And...here we go again:

Red Fir is actually a Fir. Douglas Fir is not a Fir, and certainly not Red Fir, of course. Red Fir is usually up at higher altitudes. though. I don't see it around here(0-800' where I usually work). Still, around here we call Douglas Fir a Fir.

I think it's funny this entire time that it wasn't actual Douglas Fir at all, but likely Red Fir?

Last edited:

Yep.

And I am not sure what to think about a bunch of men arguing over whos wood is the hardest. Veeeery strange. :laugh:

Yep.

And I am not sure what to think about a bunch of men arguing over whos wood is the hardest. Veeeery strange. :laugh:

These threads always end in a willy waving session about whos wood is the hardest, thickest,tallest,most dense. Must be a bloke thing.:cool2:

Latest posts

Back