Video of a 261C with a Hyway popup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jmho ... I wood never run sans a gasket ... air leak could cause catastrophic damage !

Nope ... you might be fine for years or .... not lol .... there’s a REASON why ALL manufacturers use a gasket !!! I’ll let you find out why lol

Nope ... you might be fine for years or .... not lol .... there’s a REASON why ALL manufacturers use a gasket !!! I’ll let you find out why lol

Ok Franky, whatever helps you sleep better haha I bet there is 472659 users here doing base deletes.

On that note Franky, why does the clamshell saws have sealer on the bottom pan? The ones I've tore down all had it. Why didnt they only use gaskets? I will contact Stihl and tell them they cant use sealer, it wont hold, Franky Rizz said it wont. Lol

Ok I'm done for now. I only shared this for guys with 261s to tell me if it looks like it's running well. I'll step off the sarcastic soap box and slide it back to Tim @cuinrearview lol

Is the 261cm a clamshell ? Hey man I’ll take a big cup of **** now

Here’s a 261cm just like yours ! With the cylinder decked ; modified combustion chamber and yes .... wait for it ... the stock gasket !!! Thru red oak .... hawa rice day !!!!!

He didn't say it was a clam shell. He is saying its used on the cylinder base on clamshells. How many clamshells have you seen that had an air leak on the cylinder base? Not saying it can't happen, but everything I checked was leaking at the crank seals. I've torn down plenty of well used 029, 290s etc that still had good intact dirko.

Here’s a 261cm just like yours ! With the cylinder decked ; modified combustion chamber and yes .... wait for it ... the stock gasket !!! Thru red oak .... hawa rice day !!!!!

Do all of hawtsaws101z saws have no torque like that one? Or is that one of his race saws and the midget running it doesn't know how it keep it on the pipe? That saw could definitely benefit from the black cat package...

Do all of hawtsaws101z saws have no torque like that one? Or is that one of his race saws and the midget running it doesn't know how it keep it on the pipe? That saw could definitely benefit from the black cat package...
Fine ... do your way ... I don’t care hahahaha

Ok Franky, whatever helps you sleep better haha I bet there is 472659 users here doing base deletes.

On that note Franky, why does the clamshell saws have sealer on the bottom pan? The ones I've tore down all had it. Why didnt they only use gaskets? I will contact Stihl and tell them they cant use sealer, it wont hold, Franky Rizz said it wont. Lol

Ok I'm done for now. I only shared this for guys with 261s to tell me if it looks like it's running well. I'll step off the sarcastic soap box and slide it back to Tim @cuinrearview lol
Don't sweat Fwank, he's only here to pimp overpriced port work.

Don't sweat Fwank, he's only here to pimp overpriced port work.
Yah ! Why wood anyone buy “paint by numbers” porting when for a few more $$$ you get a Picasso !!! Hotsaws101 is LHFAO !!!!!

Aren’t all the saw builders doing no base gasket? Even your boy Hotsaws101?...
No that I know of ... has to be put an a Mandrel and indicated dead nuts before cut(s) are made .... little things make BIG differences lol

You ain’t gonna see me in your rear view buster make sure you got the hi beams on !

That guy has got to be getting saw dust in his boot.

He didn't say it was a clam shell. He is saying its used on the cylinder base on clamshells. How many clamshells have you seen that had an air leak on the cylinder base? Not saying it can't happen, but everything I checked was leaking at the crank seals. I've torn down plenty of well used 029, 290s etc that still had good intact dirko.

Thank you Furb! That's exactly what I meant.

Back