view from the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice sunset tonight.
20230525_204331.jpg

stuck my lil M-F tractor good one evening when shredding close in couple weeks back. suddenly i was 90 to the slope and behind me was a fence line! 20 mins jockeying to no avail! stuck and locked in!! so i called it a night!! next day, hooked up to NH... and like a blip on a scope she turned 90 again, and out she came.... 🤩

a view from the tractor...
P1010024.JPG

I believe that was wheat coming out with beans going in as a double crop. If Jake is in Delaware like I think I wish him great luck as this late in the year a double crop bean on wheat here in Illinois is pushing covering seed, herbicide, and fuel.
I see. I've never seen that here in Wisconsin. I assume not enough growing season. Learn something new every day.

I see. I've never seen that here in Wisconsin. I assume not enough growing season. Learn something new every day.
I do not want to speak for the man but that is what I think it is. I see you say East Central but about where is that in Wisconsin, lord knows you have about a million small towns.....all with bars. :)

I believe that was wheat coming out with beans going in as a double crop. If Jake is in Delaware like I think I wish him great luck as this late in the year a double crop bean on wheat here in Illinois is pushing covering seed, herbicide, and fuel.

Beans after wheat is pretty common here on the right coast. (mid-Atlantic) Hoping to get some in yet this week. I have seen some dairy guys put 90 day corn in after beans to chop for silage.

I do not want to speak for the man but that is what I think it is. I see you say East Central but about where is that in Wisconsin, lord knows you have about a million small towns.....all with bars. :)
I'm close to the shore of Lake Michigan. Halfway between Green Bay and Milwaukee. The sad thing is now bars outnumber churches in most towns.

Beans after wheat is pretty common here on the right coast. (mid-Atlantic) Hoping to get some in yet this week. I have seen some dairy guys put 90 day corn in after beans to chop for silage.
I was talking to a farmer friend and he's going to combine wheat in a week or two. The growing season basically ends mid to late September here so that explains why I've never seen beans after wheat here.

A bit of European soil, Before the mask, the herb is digging / purple coneflower / and I also have a bit of raspberry, hydration is coming 😉 Plowing and seasoning the land for sowing wheat

Attachments

• 20211105_102323.jpg
    20211105_102323.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230623_111004.jpg
    20230623_111004.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230422_095621.jpg
    20230422_095621.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221122_131007.jpg
    20221122_131007.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220818_131452.jpg
    20220818_131452.jpg
    728.5 KB · Views: 0
I'm close to the shore of Lake Michigan. Halfway between Green Bay and Milwaukee. The sad thing is now bars outnumber churches in most towns.
Hopefully you saw the humor in my post. :) I have travelled all over southwest Wisconsin and loved every second of it. There are three things that are a given, the roads are all curvy, there is a town every 2 miles, and most have a bar in them or one in a guys garage in-between.

I spent the majority of my life as a teacher. I started out teaching Agriculture but the long hours, long nights, and summers with FFA took a toll. I switched to Industrial Tech and then I had my summers to farm, go race saws, and drive. When we would come back from the summer break our principal would want to see pics of a trip we took. Well the only trips my wife and I took were to race saws or go find some more. We were heading home one day and went through a small Wisconsin town and saw what would have been the greatest picture. There was a school that say back off the highway a bit. There was a horseshoe /circle drive to get back to it. Obviously the school did not own the area in the "horseshoe" because right there along the highway inside the horseshoe was a bar. I thought a school with a bar in the front yard, yep this is Wisconsin. I tried to get a picture but we could not get far enough away for it to work

Back