view from the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being an old Deere mechanic that was one of my favorites except for the electro hydraulic lift(pita to work on sometimes).60 Series topped it off when the moved the muffler to the side where you could see. Ok l am starting to ramble :omg:Stay Safe!
Had a little bit of trouble with the lift. Been a good machine though. Had about 12000 hours on it. Had to go into transmission once. Still one of my favorite rigs to run. Pull a grain drill with it and work ground. I like running that boom mower with it because she’s big enough to not get pulled around too much. Lotta hate for the mufflers in the front but I guess I just got used to it. Have a 4640 too. She’s also been good. We grew up all red. I went green on combines, then the 4955 showed up , then the 4640. Recently got a respectable deal on a green sprayer so we went green on that. Gramps would’ve had a cow lol.

It’s about like stihl husqvarna to me. Whatever one I find a deal on. Couldn’t care less. Combines I like the green ones. They couldn’t keep up with the red ones but I just liked the layout better. With the newer green ones having rotor they are pretty much the same machine. Just like the handling and such in green

Had a little bit of trouble with the lift. Been a good machine though. Had about 12000 hours on it. Had to go into transmission once. Still one of my favorite rigs to run. Pull a grain drill with it and work ground. I like running that boom mower with it because she’s big enough to not get pulled around too much. Lotta hate for the mufflers in the front but I guess I just got used to it. Have a 4640 too. She’s also been good. We grew up all red. I went green on combines, then the 4955 showed up , then the 4640. Recently got a respectable deal on a green sprayer so we went green on that. Gramps would’ve had a cow lol.

It’s about like stihl husqvarna to me. Whatever one I find a deal on. Couldn’t care less. Combines I like the green ones. They couldn’t keep up with the red ones but I just liked the layout better. With the newer green ones having rotor they are pretty much the same machine. Just like the handling and such in green
That’s good considering how many hours on it. The one thing I like about Deere was you could get parts pretty quick.One day if it was in Atlanta,two days if it came from Moline. The others only ordered one day a week and if you came in the day after you had to wait another week :confused: .Be Good and Stay Safe!

Rakers look a little low lol.
I took this one down yesterday along with a bunch of small cherry and two more 10-12" locust.

20230221_163126.jpg
20230221_164823.jpg
20230221_164257.jpg

View attachment 1060303Let's get this party started!
Looks like a picture with the blower chute in front of it.
We got 3" of sleet with freezing rain on top of it that froze into it. Then today it got up to 38, and now it's supposed to get into the teens at night lol. Good thing is every day except tomorrow until Wed is it will go above freezing, although nighttime temps will be below freezing. Not typical Michigan weather, but also not totally abnormal. Does that sound normal 🤔 🤣

Looks like a picture with the blower chute in front of it.
We got 3" of sleet with freezing rain on top of it that froze into it. Then today it got up to 38, and now it's supposed to get into the teens at night lol. Good thing is every day except tomorrow until Wed is it will go above freezing, although nighttime temps will be below freezing. Not typical Michigan weather, but also not totally abnormal. Does that sound normal 🤔 🤣
It's hard to tell because of the wind but I think we ended up with about 8". Today was sleet/snow/freezing rain that didn't amount to much. Teens tonight and then 30s during the day and 20s at night until next Wednesday.

It's hard to tell because of the wind but I think we ended up with about 8". Today was sleet/snow/freezing rain that didn't amount to much. Teens tonight and then 30s during the day and 20s at night until next Wednesday.
Funny they've gotten this storm almost perfectly right on this side of the big pond down to the amount of ice and sleet, but half the time they can't get whether we'll have precipitation or not right 😦.
Everything here is now froze solid, sure hope I can get the truck out the driveway in the morning.

You guys are lucky it is still cold. It is a balmy 53F here in Illinois and we are only 2 hrs south of the Wisconsin border. I skidded some logs out Friday and Saturday but it is all done now. I am going to go cut some more in hopes we get a rare cold snap but I have a feeling I will have a long wait for dry weather to get them out.

Latest posts

Back