vintage jonsered won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My lil 36 won't run on its own. I was using it last year and it was working ok but it seemed like the mixture was changing on it's own

the saw would run good for a few cuts and then it would seem like it was bogging down for a few more then it would run like a mad man (high rpm at full throttle)

it did this a few times so i figured I would rebuild the carb over the winter. the only thing I didn't do to the carb is change the "welch" plug because i didn't feel like drilling it out. I changed the fuel hose and the fuel filter while I was in there and now the saw will only run if I pour gas into the carb. I figured the carb was dry so I did this a few times with the choke on to try to get it to flood and it still only starts when I pour gas in.

this is an old model from the early seventies with no chain brake and no impulse hose. i even tried it without the gas cap on but still no start on its own. there is a little play in the crank bearings but I don't think it is excessive.

I know this is probably a fuel problem but everything is new or rebuilt in that department . any ideas on how to get that welch plug out in the carb. It may be something clogged behind it.

thanks for any ideas

James

I went thru this yesterday then I pulled the muffler and what surprize the cyl and piston is toast when I went to remove the cyl the bolts were tight but the cyl was loose

Latest posts

Back