Vinyl truck lettering

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfking42084

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was interested in having the vinyl lettering and design done to my super duty dump and my bid truck(chevy s-10 zr2). Can some of you guys explain where on your trucks you did this and maybe even show some pictures? I have been using magnets, but I think they don't look as good and they keep blowing off. thanks guys

I put my logo and lettering on the doors. I personally don't like to overdue it. I know some companies go hog wild and decal the entire vehicle. I personally don't like that look.

I put the vinyl lettering with insignia on the doors, web address on the tailgate & Arborist cert with number on super cab doors.

I kept it tasteful but with a little flair to highlite!

LXT..........

wolf,

You have the same set up I did last year at this time. I went with just the phone number on the top for each front fender and then the logo on each door for each truck. As for the s-10 i run est. in I put my services down the top part of the bed. Nothing fancy just pruning, removals and plant health care separated with dots. I did put the ISA ca logo with my name and ca number on the extended cab. One thing I won't do is put anything on the back of any of my trucks or trailers. The only time someone is going to want to call that number in front of them on the road is when they are pizzed off b/c they got cut off or some other reason.

Purdue, I hear ya on that one! haha So the fender flares above the front wheels is where you put your number and then the logo and company name on each door? How tall was your lettering? And my s-10 is bright red, I'm having trouble deciding on a color or colors for the lettering. Any advice anyone?

While we're on the subject basically of advertising, does anyone know how much good it does as far as added business to put all that on trucks and pickups. I mean have people told you they read it off the vehicles and called you?? I've sat through several seminars and they said putting stuff on the sides had to be kept short sweet and simple because other vehicles only had a second to read them passing in traffic and it was more logo reconiton than anything and all trucks had to have the same logo and lettering to the tee. We have the semis and service trucks with logo's on the doors but not the pickups and nobody ever said they saw my trucks and called me due to the logo or number off the trucks. I know some people have the whole vehicle covered and the seminar people claim it was detrimental because it turned off people because the average person viewed it as " their a little self centered and above me to do work for me " kinda thinking. We just use logos and dot numbers on the side of the trucks mainly on the doors but the info on them is also the same as in the yellow pages, so if people forget how its spelled or where its from or an address they just recogonize the general logo out of the yellow pages and call, but nobodys came out and said that directly.

To help out the guy asking about a red truck, a white logo stands out maybe some black in it somewhere or a white background with silver letters or a black background with white and silver ontop. Go with a plain background and metalic in the letters the ones that shine and maybe have a different shade depending on what angle you view it from. Meaning it draws peoples attention because it changes colors or reflects differently as you drive by. Keep it simple as far as the design and lettering but make the lettering draw attention. Have you seen the ones before that just use a last name and its metalic and shines and seems to be a slightly different color from different angles. People tell me its an attention getter without overkill, those draw my attention more than the ones that have a lot of detail with pictures and fancy lettering, go around and look at other vehicles and take the wife and kids and ask them what their opinion is, they will tell you it sucks or is too much or looks ugly and that way you have a womans point of view along with some younger people or ask people around where the vehicle is parked what they think of the other guys signs, and kinda go off of that, what you might like others will hate and vise versa, you just need something MOST people don't mind or snub thier noses at. ;)

I was interested in having the vinyl lettering and design done to my super duty dump and my bid truck(chevy s-10 zr2). Can some of you guys explain where on your trucks you did this and maybe even show some pictures? I have been using magnets, but I think they don't look as good and they keep blowing off. thanks guys

my names are on the doors on all my trucks. the dump truck also has in large writing on the sides and my bucket trucks have the name on the booms

Randy88, I have literally had people at red lights ask me for a Biz card, not to mention if its done right..... then the thought is you are more professional, I know not always, But on contracts for larger organizations or the state its a must!!

LXT...........

Thanks for the reply, the locals that are my competition won't say a word one way or another what works for advertising, we've just been stumbling around in the dark so to speak and doing one thing at a time and see if it helps. We've been busy and not really in a need for more work but the thought is always in the back of your mind what happens if this slows up, how do you reach people who don't know about the services we offer or how to get in contact with us. Did a few seminars and they even stated advertising was the most difficult to see a return on your money spent. Have you tried the newspaper, we did and found it a costly joke. The phone book does the best for us in the yellow pages. People know me and my vehicles and just stop by where we are working and talk to me or call on some of the phones we have land lines and cells, never really got anything by email either for some reason. One person told me its because they want to talk to a person and not wait for a reply by email, I thought the web and email was the new technology but thats not what we've found at all. As for lettering the trucks don't know if its made a difference or not, might give it a try for the pickups. Thaks

i letter everything including chippers and the stump grinder trailer.on the trucks i list whats required by law and if there's enough room list some services . try to get the logo and phone number as large as possible. all the trucks are white so the graphics stand out well. try to create a brand identity. there is a bit of psychology involved with advertising, as far as color scheme logo arrangement and letter font.

For years my trucks looked like <expletive deleted>, but I had lots of business.

Not so, recently; so I bought my own vinyl cutter.

http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Creation-PCUT-Vinyl-Cutter_p_74.html

Now I can't believe how much better the trucks look. Even my beater trucks look pretty good with a little color and some catchy signs.

It's cheaper than buying signs from a printer, and if you don't like the results, you can take them off and do it over. Pretty easy software that comes with the cutters, too.

It gives you the ability to make a more creative image, too, but don't expect that it won't take some time to do the design, "weeding". and transfer.

wolf,

You have the same set up I did last year at this time. I went with just the phone number on the top for each front fender and then the logo on each door for each truck. As for the s-10 i run est. in I put my services down the top part of the bed. Nothing fancy just pruning, removals and plant health care separated with dots. I did put the ISA ca logo with my name and ca number on the extended cab. One thing I won't do is put anything on the back of any of my trucks or trailers. The only time someone is going to want to call that number in front of them on the road is when they are pizzed off b/c they got cut off or some other reason.

i disagree with your taligate comment...it is you r most visible spot on your truck. Just dont drive like an a$$hole!

Iv'e only gotten a couple of jobs from people seeing one of the trucks. But I think it helps get alot of jobs. I mean once they see you show up for the estimate with a nicely lettered truck you look more proffessional. My estimate truck is a ford ranger and is black with yellow and green lettering on the doors and back window. It says the business name, number website and town I work out of. Mike

I'm speaking from previous experiences from a company i was an employee at a few years back. It doesn't take one driving like an Azzhole to upset people who are behind you to entice a heated phone call to that # in front of them. Two examples come to mind. 1. Your bucket or chip truck isn't a speed demon let along going up a steep hill with a full load of chips plus chipper. All it takes is someone who is in a hurry that feels like you personally are driving that slow just to make them late for god knows what. 2. You're in traffic and have the old turn signal on for at least 3/4 of mile before the exit you need to make and no one will let you in b/c they don't want to let that big truck in. So what do you do? Find that tiny gap in traffic and move right one over b/c if you don't you're next exit is another 5 mile down the interstate. I'm not saying if you have you're lettering on the back of you stuff is stupid or bad I'm just saying won't do it.

For years my trucks looked like <expletive deleted>, but I had lots of business.

Not so, recently; so I bought my own vinyl cutter.

http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Creation-PCUT-Vinyl-Cutter_p_74.html

Now I can't believe how much better the trucks look. Even my beater trucks look pretty good with a little color and some catchy signs.

It's cheaper than buying signs from a printer, and if you don't like the results, you can take them off and do it over. Pretty easy software that comes with the cutters, too.

It gives you the ability to make a more creative image, too, but don't expect that it won't take some time to do the design, "weeding". and transfer.

Do you have any pictures of your handiwork?

That seems like a good investment if you have a lot to do.

I assume you can only run one coler at a time?

Latest posts

Back