Volks-man gotta ? for ya

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to write an essay on empiricism vs rationalism, so I had to weigh in on this whole perception thing. Enough already of 'Brad had to have seen the fins on the cylinder' reasoning. Only Brad knows this, and no proof or solid line of reasoning can be produced to prove his motives otherwise; all that left is post hoc ergo proctor hoc arguments - first this then that etc. Brad's reasoning, that, if he knew the cylinder was damaged, but sent it to Tom to get a new piston put in, he surely would not have sent it, is every bit as strong as 'he should have noticed the broken fins'. Besides, he did step up and refund the money - enough about speculation about his motives, his values, his faith etc. Fatguy and Andy have it right, all that is left is mudslinging.

Tim

I for one think THall did this forum a great service by starting this thread after the other one was locked. I mean think about it, if a major retailer get's caught doing something unscrupulous you are all glad that it was brought out in the news so that you don't get stung. It's the same thing here. A lot of people here think that the sun sets in Brad's hip pocket, that's evidently not true.
I've seen this before with other builders who achieved a "god" like status on this site, and I've been waiting for it to happen to Brad, all the signs were here just ignored.
It was said that Brad was defending his honor. :laugh: In my opinion he is seriously lacking in honor. I formed this opinion when Brad started posting detailed pictures of other peoples work in his threads. Maybe it's a lack of integrety?
Your reputation is a lot like your credit rating. If it's good, and you protect it you can do a lot of things that others may not be able to do. If it's abused and brought down to the bottom, well it takes a long time to rebuild if you can ever rebuild it.
Brad has filed a moral bankruptcy with many on this site (including me). Will he recover? Who knows? Personally, I don't think so.
It's not about whether or not he offered to replace the jug, and eventually give a refund or not. It's about pissing on everyone's leg, and trying to tell us it's raining. Brad said he didn't notice the fin's were broke off, BS! I've replaced & cleaned up too many jugs to swallow that. If he didn't notice those gaping holes in the structure of the jug, what else did he not notice?
One thing that my dad taught me, and I taught all of my kid's is that no one is perfect, and we all screw up. When you do screw up, own up to it. Don't try to defend what you did, especially when it's something that you knew better than to do. The first sign of growing up is when someone can own up to what they did.

Now in Brad's defense, he may have seen the broken fin's & thought that in no way would they harm the saw, or shorten it's life. But that's not what he said, was it?

Anyone reading this thread that is still willing to buy, or have Brad work on a saw is on their own as far as I'm concerned. Because you have been warned.

Thanks THall for bringing this out in the open. You're helping to make this a safer place to trade.

Andy

Just trying to write an essay on empiricism vs rationalism, so I had to weigh in on this whole perception thing. Enough already of 'Brad had to have seen the fins on the cylinder' reasoning. Only Brad knows this, and no proof or solid line of reasoning can be produced to prove his motives otherwise; all that left is post hoc ergo proctor hoc arguments - first this then that etc. Brad's reasoning, that, if he knew the cylinder was damaged, but sent it to Tom to get a new piston put in, he surely would not have sent it, is every bit as strong as 'he should have noticed the broken fins'. Besides, he did step up and refund the money - enough about speculation about his motives, his values, his faith etc. Fatguy and Andy have it right, all that is left is mudslinging.

Tim

Thank you.

arrowheadpioneer

Guilty

I for one think THall did this forum a great service by starting this thread after the other one was locked. I mean think about it, if a major retailer get's caught doing something unscrupulous you are all glad that it was brought out in the news so that you don't get stung. It's the same thing here. A lot of people here think that the sun sets in Brad's hip pocket, that's evidently not true.
I've seen this before with other builders who achieved a "god" like status on this site, and I've been waiting for it to happen to Brad, all the signs were here just ignored.
It was said that Brad was defending his honor. :laugh: In my opinion he is seriously lacking in honor. I formed this opinion when Brad started posting detailed pictures of other peoples work in his threads. Maybe it's a lack of integrety?
Your reputation is a lot like your credit rating. If it's good, and you protect it you can do a lot of things that others may not be able to do. If it's abused and brought down to the bottom, well it takes a long time to rebuild if you can ever rebuild it.
Brad has filed a moral bankruptcy with many on this site (including me). Will he recover? Who knows? Personally, I don't think so.
It's not about whether or not he offered to replace the jug, and eventually give a refund or not. It's about pissing on everyone's leg, and trying to tell us it's raining. Brad said he didn't notice the fin's were broke off, BS! I've replaced & cleaned up too many jugs to swallow that. If he didn't notice those gaping holes in the structure of the jug, what else did he not notice?
One thing that my dad taught me, and I taught all of my kid's is that no one is perfect, and we all screw up. When you do screw up, own up to it. Don't try to defend what you did, especially when it's something that you knew better than to do. The first sign of growing up is when someone can own up to what they did.

Now in Brad's defense, he may have seen the broken fin's & thought that in no way would they harm the saw, or shorten it's life. But that's not what he said, was it?

Anyone reading this thread that is still willing to buy, or have Brad work on a saw is on their own as far as I'm concerned. Because you have been warned.

Thanks THall for bringing this out in the open. You're helping to make this a safer place to trade.

Andy

Thank you.

Thank You Sir :clap::clap::clap: .

Andy

This proves people wanted him to fail, they've been waiting years for brad to #### up, and inevitably he did. Bunch of jealous little people.

Me too Bro.....

I think the apple is pretty much chewed down to the core. The original issues are lost amongst the petty bickering and name calling. Time for this one to go away.

I have enjoyed alot of people on here in AS....Tom,,,Father Joat,,*Saved me from goin to chainsaw hell*...Brad......I wish this was took between others instead of posting on here...Maybe it's cause spring is coming on and we all is friggin nuts from this long azz winter.....
I can say something for Brad.....I met him at the GTG and he is someone I trust with anything I would send him to work on and I bought a saw from him awhiles back for my friend...He's anal about his work,,his saws,,you can tell at a GTG when he pulls anything out he has,,it's right,,,I mean damn right or he wouldnt show it...I know in my heart he wouldnt pass down a piece of crap upon anyone with his name on it........
Tom and Joat....Them 2 are nuts....I can have a friggin bad azz day and bummed out but get on and they both have something posted that makes you laught yourself to death....I'd like to see them 2 at a GTG oneday,,and bet it would be a ball....Be a fun day like everyone I meet on here..
I dont know what happened,,and really,,,it's none of my buss..thats between them,,but makes me sad to see each other fighting when we should all be stickin together...
This things about chainsaws,,,some people does it for a living,,some for milling,,,farm work,,,around home use,,,some just for a hobbie,,but thats us,,we enjoy what we do and want to share....Folks that cut for a living can tell you,,,our forest is getting smaller,,and the population is growing bigger,,more blacktop and less trees....I can pull my biggist saw I have out now,,my Jred 2186 out and people around here now day yell damn,,,thats a big saw,,well it wasnt 20 years ago....You can talk about chainsaws with people you work with,,especially the younger generation and they look at you like your crazy....
I hate the fighting and fussing....Lets all start helping each other again like we used too.....I love good fun,pickin on people,,,but lets not get mean against each other....We is all we gots.....Alot of talent on here to share.....I wish I was smart enough to at least help someone...Maybe oneday I can,,but chill out,,and enjoy this site what is was ment for us to enjoy.....

I have enjoyed alot of people on here in AS....Tom,,,Father Joat,,*Saved me from goin to chainsaw hell*...Brad......I wish this was took between others instead of posting on here...Maybe it's cause spring is coming on and we all is friggin nuts from this long azz winter.....
I can say something for Brad.....I met him at the GTG and he is someone I trust with anything I would send him to work on and I bought a saw from him awhiles back for my friend...He's anal about his work,,his saws,,you can tell at a GTG when he pulls anything out he has,,it's right,,,I mean damn right or he wouldnt show it...I know in my heart he wouldnt pass down a piece of crap upon anyone with his name on it........
Tom and Joat....Them 2 are nuts....I can have a friggin bad azz day and bummed out but get on and they both have something posted that makes you laught yourself to death....I'd like to see them 2 at a GTG oneday,,and bet it would be a ball....Be a fun day like everyone I meet on here..
I dont know what happened,,and really,,,it's none of my buss..thats between them,,but makes me sad to see each other fighting when we should all be stickin together...
This things about chainsaws,,,some people does it for a living,,some for milling,,,farm work,,,around home use,,,some just for a hobbie,,but thats us,,we enjoy what we do and want to share....Folks that cut for a living can tell you,,,our forest is getting smaller,,and the population is growing bigger,,more blacktop and less trees....I can pull my biggist saw I have out now,,my Jred 2186 out and people around here now day yell damn,,,thats a big saw,,well it wasnt 20 years ago....You can talk about chainsaws with people you work with,,especially the younger generation and they look at you like your crazy....
I hate the fighting and fussing....Lets all start helping each other again like we used too.....I love good fun,pickin on people,,,but lets not get mean against each other....We is all we gots.....Alot of talent on here to share.....I wish I was smart enough to at least help someone...Maybe oneday I can,,but chill out,,and enjoy this site what is was ment for us to enjoy.....

Thank you my good man. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I've been given many words of encouragement the past few hours in PM's, and most of the real AS members know what's going on, and know there is only one way to go after this thread, and that is up.:cheers:

But for now in this thread, it's all or nothing.

When I grow up, I want to be Ron Jeremey, old, fat and hairy! But I can sure #### the #### out of anyone and get away with it!

This proves people wanted him to fail, they've been waiting years for brad to #### up, and inevitably he did. Bunch of jealous little people.

That's like saying a sex offender registry proves people wanted the pervs to molest their children.

Yep.... That Brad Snelling certainly screwed me bigtime I tell ya...... A heap of a saw each time I tell ya, a heap of a saw.... :rolleyes:

You can obviously tell that both of these saws are crap just by looking at them. :rolleyes:

IMG_6124.jpg

;) :clap:

Thaks again Brad. :cheers:

That's the saw that started all of this, bad saw, bad saw, you never should have out cut an EC saw.

Woodchucker, you ever use them saws? You sure do take good care of them, they look fine. My saws see those pictures and they'll run away, they'll try coming to your house.lol Mine get used hard, filter's blown out and chain touched up before getting put to bed, that's about it, your picture has motivated me to actually clean up the outside of mine, some nice warm spring day. Nothing wrong with taking care of them!

Andyshine, I couldn't care less if Brad fails or succeeds. As I said, none of us are perfect. The test is in how we handle it when we do screw up.
There is nothing for me to be jealous of, I couldn't care less.

I took your stand with another builder that got railed once, I later found out that it may have been a mistake.
I don't hold any animosity, I just think that when someone pulls something like this that potential customers should be made aware. How would you feel if someone you know knew something like this about someone you were about to spend a bunch of money with, and didn't tell you? And you found out they knew after you had a bad dealing?

I haven't had a bad dealing with Brad because I refused to deal. I had been reading the writing on the wall, but others may not have seen the signs.

Don't be so uptight, calling people names................especially me!

Andy

Woodchucker, you ever use them saws? You sure do take good care of them, they look fine. My saws see those pictures and they'll run away, they'll try coming to your house.lol Mine get used hard, filter's blown out and chain touched up before getting put to bed, that's about it, your picture has motivated me to actually clean up the outside of mine, some nice warm spring day. Nothing wrong with taking care of them!

Hehe. I run my saws all the time. I run them pretty dang hard too. I just love cleaning them up and making them shine. I'll sometimes take an entire afternoon to clean everything up. The pic of the 681 is from back in January when I got the Windsor bar. It looks just about that clean now, but the bar is looking a bit used these days....

:greenchainsaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back