walker mufflers....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
the muffler on my 385 cracked so i ordered a new one from walker saws. i figured i'd get the standard two pipe devil horn muffler but they changed their style a bit.

Ken that sucks I hate to look at those limp mufflers. Wait to you see the 346xp cat eye that Ed did.I resized it for the dial up boys.

Last edited:
Hi kftree, I like Walkers new style. Now all you need is some BBQ flat black paint to make it look top drawer. I changed your picture too so as to make easier viewing. What a know-it-all I am!
John
L1020190.jpg

sorry about the big pics.....my pc has a virus and i can't find the system recovery disc's so i'm on my wife's apple for now, and i know nothing about apples.

i plan on picking up a 346 this week to pass off to ed at the gtg. i'm getting out of control with the saw's lately. :)

Gypo Logger said:
Hi kftree, I like Walkers new style. Now all you need is some BBQ flat black paint to make it look top drawer. I changed your picture too so as to make easier viewing. What a know-it-all I am!
John
L1020190.jpg

what do ya mean?????? it was painted but i cooked that off the first day running it. then it sat in the rain for a day. my stuff doesn't look pretty for long. i buy it to get used.

mufflers

I sent mine off today to get "Walkerized" hope its worth the $30.00 bucks plus the shipping. Hope to get it back soon but hay I sent it off today and it has to go to Canada.

Oh hi KFtree, I wasn't trying to hurt your felling or nothing, but here's a picture of a Walkers muffler off my 385. I have painted it at least 10 times. I keep the baffle in the bottom when the Bark Narcs are around.
John
DSC_0063.jpg

DanManofStihl said:
I sent mine off today to get "Walkerized" hope its worth the $30.00 bucks plus the shipping. Hope to get it back soon but hay I sent it off today and it has to go to Canada.

why do you say 30.00? are you going by what the web site says? their web site needs to be updated. i made that mistake and i'm a little sorry i didn't just order a stock muffler through a local dealer and modify it through the bracket myself. live and learn, i guess.

Gypo Logger said:
Oh hi KFtree, I wasn't trying to hurt your felling or nothing, but here's a picture of a Walkers muffler off my 385. I have painted it at least 10 times. I keep the baffle in the bottom when the Bark Narcs are around.
John
DSC_0063.jpg

i actually like the looks of yours better.....no worry of starting a forest fire cutting in brooklyn ny........don't worry about hurting my feelings you'll need to try reaal hard.

i look forward to shaking your hand at the gtg.

just don't shake that naked ass at me.

ken

:) :) :)

muffler

I talked to the guy through emails he said it would be around $40.00 with the return shipping and stuff. I loooked on their web site I liked the look of the 066 muffler with the two pipes sitcking out of it.

DanManofStihl said:
I talked to the guy through emails he said it would be around $40.00 with the return shipping and stuff. I loooked on their web site I liked the look of the 066 muffler with the two pipes sitcking out of it.

i really didn't talk much on the phone when i orderd it, i probably should have. i'm not knocking them but for a new muffler with mods and shipping it ran me 140.00.

the saw deffinitely has more power. i guess i would really need to price a stock muffler through a local dealer before i open my mouth.

DanManofStihl said:
So you noticed an increase in hp?

more so in torque.....the first time i used it after putting the muffler on i was chunking down an oak stick. i was able to pass the bar right through with out shimming the chunks to keep them from pinching the bar.

stock i feel the saw would have bound up with the same size wood. i run a 28 in bar on a 385.

their work on the muffler was first rate.

The mod allows the saw to breathe better too, which is what increases power and torque. because of this reduced restriction, you have to adjust the carb richer to prevent it from burning up.

oldsaw-addict said:
The mod allows the saw to breathe better too, which is what increases power and torque. because of this reduced restriction, you have to adjust the carb richer to prevent it from burning up.

thats a big sticking point with me.........when this saw was bought new (it's a company saw i use and take home every day.) the dealer wanted to hand it to me over the counter. i asked them to set up the carb and they said huskys are good out of the box?????????? not my money. well i just bought a 385 and 372 from a different dealer for work and they just put gas in them and fired them up and handed them over...well i just bought a nice wireless digital tach to set them up properly. i figured i better learn since i can't find a decent dealer. i had to grind the carb stops off just to get them below the recommended rpm's.

the 385 with the walker muffler will not be a long life saw. the piston is already scratched up and it's only around 6 months old. i have a 3 year old 394 with a better looking piston.

oldsaw-addict said:

so how rich is rich? if the reccomended rpm's is 13,000 i have it set up at around 12,500. so with a modded muffler where should the rpm's be?

thanks

I tach'ed my 346xpg with walker muffler today and it runs 13300 my saw got limiter caps on , but i thought it rev would more then that ,,,, but the high rev screw are turned in as long as it can ,, should i remove the limiters and turn it in more ??

/K :dizzy:

Back