walkerized 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
atlanta georgia..formerly from massena, new york
well finally got my second screen inserted opposite the original side and fired her up...contrary to the beliefs of some, my saw ran lean, so i tweaked her a little and still have maybe another 1/16 to 1/8 a turn in the enrichening direction...it was about 5 degrees fahrenheit today...am i correct to assume that when the weather gets warmer, i will have to lean her out to compensate??

and i got a carb coming for my 260 with an adjustable high speed jet from my dealer for about 50.00............i opened up a spare faceplate from a spare muffler by drilling an equal sized hole above and one below the existing hole a couple weeks ago, not close to the openings on the walkerized version that john sent me for it, but i'm afraid the exhaust "tubes" would be close to my handguard when it goes forward, so i'm saving it till one of you guys throw a handguard mod idea at me.......................................................................you guys are great.........................guff

guff, you are being far too friendly. You will spoil our reputations as New Yorkers if you keep it up.:eek: Russ

to the best of my knowledge, my 440 ran near excellent...i wish i had the ear of some of you experts though, or could get someone to give her a tweek when i'm in the middle of some hard maple...this morning it was about 8 degrees fahrenheit(i don't know if that's right, but that's how most you inbreds dun spell it) i'm gonna richen her just a little more.............guff

Back