Wally world bar lube

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They switched brands!!

When Wally's had the Poulan oil for $8.00 here in CA it worked fine ( it was a normal amber color, not red , but hey that could just be a CA blend). Now Wally's sells their own Super-Tech line, and it is advertised as 30wt . It seems to have no tackifier whatsoever, so I won't use it. The local Husky dealer will sell their oil for $9.00/gal in case lots, so that's what we are using now. Has anybody tried Bailey's "Motion Lotion"? No jokes guys, It really IS chainsaw bar oil!! I heard one guy say that it really reduced friction to the point that after a heavy cut you can touch the bar and it was much cooler than usual over other oils. Feedback please!?

I picked up a gallon of Itasca oil from the hardware sotre down the street a while back and was surprised how tacky it was. It worked well and I would use it again. Now I use nothing but Sthil oil simply because I get it for free, both the standard and the winter weight.

Has anybody tried Bailey's "Motion Lotion"? Feedback please!?

I bought a gallon of Motion Lotion once and it worked fine. I didn't notice any difference between it and any other good oil. I liked it, though the shipping cost makes it pricier than what I've found locally, or in any case, no less expensive. But it was good stuff.

At the time I bought it, I happened to have a gallon each of Stihl bar oil and one of Echo branded oil. There was no difference I could tell among those three brands. I'd buy the Baileys again if I were putting in an order of other things, so the shipping would not be such a hit.

stilhl 9 bucks a gallon

i get stilhl bar oil for nine buck sure does suck to pay 15

Back