want of brand of chaisaw do you use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what brand of chainsaw do you have

• Total voters
Jonsereds....
oh ya an echo and a stihl too but the stihl prefers to call my shop his home most of the time.

Old homeys are the choice for me.

Most of my saws are 25+ years old and still run strong. I figure with occasional maintainence they should outlast me.

:rockn:Old Homlites ROCK:rockn:
\\\\\ :rock::rock::rock::rock://///

already done

There is one of these polls already done if you use the search feature.

Cut4fun said:
There is one of these polls already done if you use the search feature.

Come on, Cut4fun, you know nobody uses the search feature anymore. They'd much rather ask the same stupid, useless questions over and over again, because they have nothing better to do with their time. And it isn't just timber; there are lots of fools who insist on asking the same question every third day.

The irony, of course, is that interesting and thoughtful posts - the kind that can only really be answered by people who actually know something - are often left to languish. But the stupid posts, the ones that any weekend wannabe woodcutter can chime in on, those get lots of attention.

The same old topics, day in and day out, folks. 440 versus 372. What saw do YOU run? Can my 290 run a 28" bar with 3/8 chain? Can I run a firewood business big enough to be my sole source of income with only a 346 and a pair of Wildthings? Can I order Stihl parts online? Is Oregon chain better than Stihl chain? I want to squander my public assistance check on a loop of carbide chain - is this a good idea? Can I mill 40" white oak with a 60cc saw? And let us not forget the everpopular topics about mufler mods:what are they and how do I do them on saw X. There is no reason to EVER bring these topics up again, folks. A quick search will reveal literally dozens of topics on these subjects, many with dozens of posts. The answers are there, look for them!

Ok, time for my grumpy ### to head off to bed.

computeruser said:
Come on, Cut4fun, you know nobody uses the search feature anymore. They'd much rather ask the same stupid, useless questions over and over again, because they have nothing better to do with their time. And it isn't just timber; there are lots of fools who insist on asking the same question every third day.

The irony, of course, is that interesting and thoughtful posts - the kind that can only really be answered by people who actually know something - are often left to languish. But the stupid posts, the ones that any weekend wannabe woodcutter can chime in on, those get lots of attention.

The same old topics, day in and day out, folks. 440 versus 372. What saw do YOU run? Can my 290 run a 28" bar with 3/8 chain? Can I run a firewood business big enough to be my sole source of income with only a 346 and a pair of Wildthings? Can I order Stihl parts online? Is Oregon chain better than Stihl chain? I want to squander my public assistance check on a loop of carbide chain - is this a good idea? Can I mill 40" white oak with a 60cc saw? And let us not forget the everpopular topics about mufler mods:what are they and how do I do them on saw X. There is no reason to EVER bring these topics up again, folks. A quick search will reveal literally dozens of topics on these subjects, many with dozens of posts. The answers are there, look for them!

:cheers: :clap: :clap:

This reply was so good, I felt the need to justify this thread with another post, just for the sake of agreeing with it.

And you covered alot of same old, same old topics that I forgot. Well done.

Jeff

computeruser said:

Agreed, and thank you for saying it so clearly, in many ways this forum does have a tendancy to remind me of the movie 'groundhog day' same nonsense over and over and over and over :(

Yes, but saying that it has all been said before has been said before!

Didn't you use the search first? :)

Back