• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[want to sell] stihl 024 av $150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mace

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've got a stihl 024 av I'd like to sell. Had been sitting a while at a neighbors house because he couldn't get it running. A little carb cleaning and tinkering I got it running pretty good. B&C well used but available. May need work/proper tuning. It starts easy and idles fine. Tough to tell how well it's running/cutting with the junk chain but it does cut wood. Plastic in good shape and as far as I can tell it's in good working order. I'll post a few better pics when I get time in the daylight. Not used commercially. Asking $150. Not exactly sure if I'm in the right ballpark on the price. Let me now if the asking price is unreasonable. Thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413243038412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413243038412.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 109
Thanks. I'd much rather see it go to someone here than have to try and dump it on Craigslist. Really wanting a husky 550xp

Upstate NY. I'm sure it would sell, but I'd have to filter out the countless $75 offers. Craigslist in general.

Just pulled the saw out this afternoon, started in 3 pulls. Here's a few more pics.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413329018800.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413329018800.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413329055360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413329055360.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 100
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413329090478.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413329090478.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 87
Messaged you yesterday with an offer. Not sure if you missed it or ignored it. No worries either way. Just wanted to follow up before I move on. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pm Ryan - I'm a knobhead... That's why I want a husky :p

Got a question guys. I've taken this saw apart to clean it up good. Took muffler off to take a look inside. I'm not sure what I should be looking for inside. I don't have any out of ordinary shiny spots. The compression tool I have borrowed has a fat spot for different adapters and doesn't fit easily. Don't want to strip it. The saw runs great and I've tuned to the best of my ability. It cuts well. Any instructions or tips you may have I'd appreciate, I'm no small engine guy. Thanks in advance.

Sold! Sorry don't know how to change heading from app

550xp

Back