Wanted: 044/046- 440/460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singletrack100

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey gang, I've searched the Trading Post already with not much luck and will follow up with a wanted ad there also but here's the deal:

As my agencie's wildland coordinator and only NWCG faller, I'm looking to outfit my fire department with a decent wildland saw in the 044/046 440/460 range. The FEW I saw were out of our price range. I'm also looking for something preferably not modded (MM maybe okay). Looking to have something in the next month or so.

I hired on full-time with my department in late June. Given the experience (or lack of) with our personnel I'm not comfortable putting a larger, ported hotrod in their hands. Our department currently has a couple of 361's which are fine for an A-faller, but quite lacking for me or for a B-faller trainee. I took my 066 to CA on assignments and it plain blows brushing with one of them. We need something more capable.

I trust dealing with people here rather than E-Bay. I've got a couple decent saws off there, but it's the luck of the draw and would rather PM with someone and get pic's and such through here. Just better that way.

I'll be hit and miss online the next few days but will be watching for PM's and replies. My wife has surgery tomorrow so it may be a day or so before I can get back to anyone who leaves a message but I will get back to you. Thanks all!

Duane

Oh yah, I should add I am specifically looking for a Stihl. I have nothing against Huskies or any other make. Stihl's just seem to have better support in the field at fires (my experience anyway). Thanks, Duane

Back