WANTED: Air filter for Homelite ZIP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breezio

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently got my dad's old chainsaw from him (A Homelite ZIP) and got it back up and running. It could really use a new air filter. Can anyone help?

-- Thanks.

From some pictures I've seen of older (1950's era) homelite saws.. it looks like the air filter was semi-universal.

such as these models... they apear to have the same air filter housing, so I'm assuming the same air filter.
4-20
5-20
5-20L
5-30
5-30N
6-22
7-19
7-19C
7-21
7-21C

I recall trying the air filter from a few different saws in a few others, and learning that just because those things look alike, doesnt mean they are. some are a larger diameter than others are on the actual filter element.

Thanks, I agree and will definatly keep that in mind. There are two models though that apear to use the exact same castings for the fuel tank/air filter combo... the 7-19's and the 600D.

I'm tempted to pull the fabric element out of the cage it's in, and replace it with some foam filter material... But I'd rather not.

Latest posts

Back