wanted free firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you feel the need to dispose of excess cash, just PM me, and I'll be glad to help. :)

Seriously though, not a great time of year even to be buying wood. What you can find will likely be wet or even green, and pricy, if you can get honest measure. If you can work it up yourself, you have at least three options to investigate:
1. Scrounge it. Cruise local back roads for storm-downers. Ask folks if they want storm damage cleaned up. Hit the dumps and companies with used-skid piles.
2. Investigate cutting dead/down trees in state forests. Likely, you'll need to buy a permit for X cords.
3. Buy grapple-loads of cull logs from local loggers.

The above presumes that you're able-bodied, capable of the dangerous, intense work, AND have the tools. Gotta plan ahead, or pay the man.

You could try a pellet-stove, but good luck on finding decent pellets at this time of year.

if any body has any hard wood firewood thay would like to get ride of for free
and you near lebanon,pa 17042
please email me [email protected]

I'm sure that there will be plenty of sarcastic and/or truthful answers to you question. I would ask (not that I can help you from KS) what are your circumstances? There are a lot of charitable folks on this site who are willing to help those in a genuine time of need. It can be a hard thing to ask for help, especially publicly, but given that you have, it would likely help your cause greatly if you explained the request. As mentioned above, many in here are either heating with it, selling it or both. In any of the cases, it represents income to them and most don't freely part with theirs without good reason. I mean no sarcasm by this. Just a suggestion.

free wood. $35,000-$45,000 investment required.

I got about 15 cords split and stacked since may 2013 and I am in it about $40 (Fiskars x27) $100 gas money, (3) 12 packs of negro modelo (beer for tree service who drop off wood) so about $185 total. What are you referring to for $35-45k investement?

I think youre pretty far from Collegeville, but I have offered someone around to come cut the smaller stuff from a cutting spot I have. could definatly fill a truck just have to wait for the ground to freeze again

This thread reminds of jackasses that stand at the corner intersections with signs begging for cash... You tend to see the same able bodied people day after day. Makes one wonder why they just don't go get a job? Could it be that they don't want lose their welfare bennies...

I'm all for helping people who can't help themselves but refuse to enable welfare junkies. To these people I say go get an F'n job.

Last edited:
This thread reminds of jackasses that stand at the corner intersections with signs begging for cash... You tend to see the same able bodied people day after day. Makes one wonder why the just don't go get a job? Could it be that they don't want lose their welfare bennies...

I'm all for helping people who can't help themselves but refuse to enable welfare junkies. To these people I say go get an F'n job.
Yeah, I have so much wood, I just burn it.

I just saw a cl ad yesterday for free firewood, guy had four dump truck loads, cut and split, he needed gone asap. He was even willing to deliver! I called, thinking I could get that much farther ahead. I figured I would even give him some cash. Never heard back from him.:( I just keep telling myself it was poplar anyways.:D

I got about 15 cords split and stacked since may 2013 and I am in it about $40 (Fiskars x27) $100 gas money, (3) 12 packs of negro modelo (beer for tree service who drop off wood) so about $185 total. What are you referring to for $35-45k investement?
p/u truck $20,000
tractor $30,000
log splitter $1,500
saws $1,500
gas $100 /week
my time pricele$$
beer $35.00/week (couldn't forget that)

"ther is no such thing as a free lunch"

Back