Wanted: Husky double ended bar.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purcell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Could not post in trading so hopefully it will get moved there. I do not have the 50 post needed to start a thread in there.
I have a pair of husky 272xp's that I would like to use milling if some1 has 1 36"-48" used is fine as long as it is not all used up. thanks

There has got to be someone other than Bailey's manufacturing double ended bars. I'm sure woodsman pro bars are as good as they say, but not everyone needs a bar that is built like that. They (including myself) want a double ended bar for occasional use; that doesn't cost a FORTUNE. I have a power match for my alaskan that works great. The woodsman pro equivalent would've been $140. Now, I'm sure that'll last longer, but I don't NEED that right now. My next felling/wood cutting bar might be one.

man are they pricey. I'd like to get one or find one that doesnt clean out my wallet. Is that the cheaest you can get double ended bars for?

Urbicide said:

Still too expensive for my blood. I'm more interested in putting a helper handle on one end and using it as a single powerhead unit. I like the idea of being able to adjust the chain tension without having to disassemble the whole dam* mill. Whoever designed husky's front mounted chain tensioner should be quartered.

If you do not want to spend the money on a double ended bar then you can buy a regular bar and mill it. You will need to remove the tip and mill a slot and drill an oil hole.

Bill

Damn good idea. should've thought of that myself.

I'm trying to get a double ended so that I can mill without having to stop to access the retarded location chain tensioner on my 394. Anybody know whether or not the granberg helper handles with the rollers come with a tensioner already built in? Anybody got one they want to sell??

GB Hi Tech Double Ender

Hi I can order you a GB Hi Tech Double Ender 44" .063" It is a large Dolmar/Stihl mount but you can add adaptor shims or spacers to make fit. $162.00 plus S&H

Scott

that price is more up my alley. I have a 48" alaskan that is none adjustible will i be able to use that bar or do i need bigger? thanks

thanks for the info. If I cant find a used one I'll grab a 48" from ya.

Back