Wanted Stihl 090 starter cup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Well fellas chasing either a new or a really good starter cup for a Stihl Contra or early 090 part number 1106-190-2100

If you can help this old fella out i can and will pay via paypal if you have one but will require postage to Australia

090startervcup.jpg

Thanks fellas

McBob.

Last edited:
You can order that in from the dealer im pretty sure and I doubt that part would cost much from one prob cheaper than paying for it and paying shipping to Australia.

Bob,

The parts you need are still available and can be ordered just like the clutches you asked about earlier. I understand you do not like Stihl prices but I do not know of anyone that will sell them under dealer cost.

Bob,

The parts you need are still available and can be ordered just like the clutches you asked about earlier. I understand you do not like Stihl prices but I do not know of anyone that will sell them under dealer cost.

Out of curiousity if at all possible, and would be greatly appreciated, could you check what a late model 090AV crankcase would cost in the states?? As I can go to buffalo NY which is a 1 hour drive away or order from Madsen's one if it is substantially cheaper than here.

Last edited:
Out of curiousity if at all possible, and would be greatly appreciated, could you check what a late model 090AV crankcase would cost in the states?? As I can go to buffalo NY which is a 1 hour drive away or order from Madsen's one if it is substantially cheaper than here.

The chinese one i purchased cost $99-00 plus frieght bet Stihl would be 4 x the price

McBob

The chinese one i purchased cost $99-00 plus frieght bet Stihl would be 4 x the price

McBob

No not that much, in Canada its 250+ tax which puts it at around 280. In the States it will surely be cheaper but how much is key whether its worth it or not.

Take the punt and save a few bucks the only difference i can spot is the oil pipe on the 070 and the 090.

McBob.

The major problems I have with the aftermarket one is that 1)it is non AV and 2) that it would destroy the value of the saw.

The major problems I have with the aftermarket one is that 1)it is non AV and 2) that it would destroy the value of the saw.

Well the AV stuff will bolt on the same as on the Stihl stuff and if your the only one who knows well how can the value of the saw change ?

The chinese parts dont have made in china writtan on them i can tell you for sure.

McBob.

Bob,

I ordered (2) 090 starter cups today. As long as MVS have them in stock they will be here next week.

Bill

Latest posts

Back