Wanted Stihl 090 starter cup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the AV stuff will bolt on the same as on the Stihl stuff and if your the only one who knows well how can the value of the saw change ?

The chinese parts dont have made in china writtan on them i can tell you for sure.

McBob.

The early model AV parts will, the late model I don't think so. As a late model 090AV crankcase is different from the early AV/non AV crankcase. An 090AV is largely a collecter's item today, few Westerners use them on a professional/ everyday basis. Collecters want the real OEM saw not aftermarket. Like with any other collectible.

The early model AV parts will, the late model I don't think so. As a late model 090AV crankcase is different from the early AV/non AV crankcase. An 090AV is largely a collecter's item today, few Westerners use them on a professional/ everyday basis. Collecters want the real OEM saw not aftermarket. Like with any other collectible.

Since i have one here in my hot little hands besides the oil line i doubt if 99% of you could tell the difference this is like grandma's axe which part is origional unless you have personally owned the saw since new.

Or since you aint really worried about money just buy the OEM part.

McBob.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill is the starter cup part no 1106-190-2100 item 25 in the pic and does it come with a nylon ring insert ?

Bob.

Well I sure as heck hope it does not come with a plastic insert:msp_confused:

I assume it will come with a original metal one. Heck who knows with the sell out Stihl has done lately

cost for 090 OEM part's may cost now but what about in 20 year's.....there will only be a hand full of true Stihl 090's out there in top nick by then...as far as a fake 070 trying to be an 090 to easy could pick one from a mile away.....but dont worry they will be making fake 090AV parts or saw's soon.....the only thing fake's do is put the price of the real thing up so all is good :D

Well proberly in 20 years time i may not be around to worry too much about the differences then the dinosaur will be exactly that and if you have actually seen the chinese Stihl crankcase next to the Stihl one

you too couldn't tell the difference do the mod and convert it to the 090 oil pipe and there you have it

McBob.

Last edited:
attachme...-090-cup-1-jpg

243789d1341244107-090cup2-jpg

Last edited:
Well call me a liar as I was off a bit. It was $18 and change

Man, we get ripped off here in the great white north!!!....That actually $%&*%es me off!!

Our dollars are pretty close to par and I don't live that far from civilization, that shipping costs make the difference!.....You can buy two of those and still have change left over, compared to my cost on one....Not to mention that I pay 12% sales tax on top of that as well......

That's crazy!!:mad:

I just wonder if those two Bill has are actually Stihl at that price as i said Stihl Sydney quoted me $68-00 Australian plus postage

Even though they are shown in a stihl bag there could be some hokos pokus going on by MVS.

I just wonder if those two Bill has are actually Stihl at that price as i said Stihl Sydney quoted me $68-00 Australian plus postage

Even though they are shown in a stihl bag there could be some hokos pokus going on by MVS.

Are you serious??????

Yes Bill .... we get the same sort of thing happening out here Stihl dealers busting their rearends to make a buck .... i'm not saying its the case over your way but hey why the big price difference
I'm sure there's more who have been taken for a ride being sold chinese or italian stuff instead of the proper German item .... as i said i'll buy your starter cup as its cheap comparied to what a lot of others want.

McBob.

Back