Watch those aftermarket bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky362

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Did some cut's and this NK bar for a husky That is a universal bar was giving me fits making a mess in the cover
and had to tighten chain more then should happen for the stuff I'm cutting
IMAG0245.jpg IMAG0251.jpg
I just slapped this bar on and went to cutting... Time to find our what's going wrong. this is what I found.. You can see the oil slot runs into the adjustment holes and the cheap thin bar oil runs into them... I'm going to weld the holes up and give it a spin and get a correct bar

bar tail universal.jpg
Oiler hole is between those two holes.:cool:
I circled the oiler holes, the one more to the rear and smaller is for the 3005 class Stihl and the larger one more toward the front is for the small husky mount or Oregon 095. Use your imagination as what to do if you have the poulan mount or 041. That looks like the universal 18 inch 0.325NK bar I got from Baileys and have only so far used on the Stihl 3005 mount. The bar in post 1 the adjuster hole being used could be plugged and then just the minimum removed for the peg if making it reversible was desirable. I probably would file just a bit to make a radius similar to the peg or a vertical section there.

Latest posts

Back