We need to help Cody!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta tell ya about our local logger watering hole. A little place called the Cottage Bar, word tell, back before my time -- the occasional hippy would wander in for a brew. This was a logger and working man's bar. Now days, it's a foo-foo sissy la la "Inn", with overpriced food, and hippies abound.

Behind the bar was a trophy wall of cutoff pony tails. The owner would pin down the offending hippy (with help from the regulars), and lop off their pony tail. . . And tell them to GTFO.

One time I guess he tried to use a chainsaw for the removal, but the greasy hippy slipped out and ran off. :laugh:

Hey Pac, and Nate I am laughing my ass off! Between the pic of evoulution, which I took a pic of the comp screen with my cell, and I am now texting all my buddy's! And Nate that watering hole! Priceless!

Poor Horsefaller. The Seattle folks love to play in his area. They don't come down here too much. Some of them have posted that we folks here creep them out and Packwood even looks like it is meth city to them.
Hope we can keep it up!

There was a guy who moved from S. Collyfonia and was living off the grid with his family. Three big timber sales were planned for behind his place. He tried to stop them with appeals and such. It didn't work. So, he was always complaining. A road grader nicked his gate. The log trucks were going too fast. Etc.

The loggers saw him leaving their landing as they were heading up. They checked their equipment prior to starting and found fire extinquisher stuff in the fuel tanks. They didn't press charges, but I think they might have scared him.

One winter, they didn't log. He called the FS office to complain that his road needed plowing and when was it going to be done?

Well, first of all, the only reason I clicked on the thread was because I thought something may have happened similar to Stumpy's situation and was Rick-Rolled into this one. The troll apologizes for caring...

Next time, name it a hippies/leftist bashing thread or something. :buttkick:

And no CPR, I live in an area where my views are pretty much mocked and untolerated, much like here apparently.

However, I'm guessing my saws were stolen to fund some meth operation or something.

Someone stole my freaking blow-up Christmas decorations too. :angry:

Tarzantree, you are exactly right. It is like the person protesting everything government driving their grandchild on the public roads to the public school, past the police, fire, and military base, and then cashing in their social security check on the way home...

There is such a thing as moderation, which could be beneficial for both sides.

And to that point, I am NOT for a complete ban on logging, just wondering if it could be improved. Compared to the damage done from moutaintop removals and strip mining here in the East, timbering has much less of an ecological impact here anyway, but that's another time and forum...

How is private land managed? Does the government have the same sort of regulations as they do in National Forests? How is it permitted?

I just don't get all the hatred myself though, which is what is really sad to read imo. I was on an off-road forum many years ago discussing politics (another interesting subject), and one guy pops in and tells me he would never go on a ride with me. Didn't know me from Adam and I never said one negative thing about anyone, yet he had already judged me based on a few posts on an Internet forum.

Yes, I know its just as bad from some environmentalists, just as it is from some of the lefties. Not condoning that either.

Anyway, thanks to those who gave a considered opinion without the name-calling. It was appreciated after seeing some here mention the hateful, holier-than-thou, judgmental attitude they experienced when they expressed their opinions, then turning around and displaying the same attitude toward those they don't agree with. Cause honestly, one shouldn't have to have courage to express their opinions..

"An eye for an eye for an eye for an eye...ends in making everyone blind".

And with that, me thinks me is done. Had a rough day with the Shindaiwa 500 today. Got the cylinder looking much better, but it fought me tooth and nail all day on re-assembly. Got me down for an 8 count with a fuel leak, and finally recorded the knock-out punch with no spark after seemingly running perfectly last weekend. :check:

Just noticed something... :msp_sad:

So I went back and re-read my posts. Folks, I've tried to express my intentions as best as I can, my apologies if I've failed that regard. If I've came off too strong or anything, know that my point isn't to rile up members here, I just didn't like seeing all the negativity toward those who, in reality, may have the exact same intentions as you do.

Sometimes, we just have different ways to get there, lets not hate each other because of that.

Anyway, I'm off for the rematch with the 500 and maybe cut some wood, received some nasty blown-down petrified locust that needs cut up, may get to give the 441 a little workout.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back