Weather/Reschedule Policy Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you get cutomers to sign that?:taped:

all of them !!!! we work in CA. the most lawsuit happy place in the world!!:bang: :bang: so most people just read it and sign it with the one's that have a few ? we answer them and tell them y are terms are what they are.

now the terms i listed are for residential customers the terms we use for the state / fed's and commercial clients are written case by case by our legal department

I probably should adopt contracts such as that. I'm verbal and a hand shake. I like the small town feel but I don't like chasing my money. something to think about. OK I read it a few more times and I like more and more. can I copy your contract conditions?

ASD...

Can you elaborate more on this one...

"S&C shall not be held liable for any consequential damages to the premises and or site."

Thanks Canyon

I probably should adopt contracts such as that. I'm verbal and a hand shake. I like the small town feel but I don't like chasing my money. something to think about. OK I read it a few more times and I like more and more. can I copy your contract conditions?

I will not tell you that you can't

but i would have your legal department review it as law from state to state is different !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
ASD...

Can you elaborate more on this one...

"S&C shall not be held liable for any consequential damages to the premises and or site."

Thanks Canyon

no problem

to put it in a nut shell if we do something negligent we pay for the damage if something happen out of our control it falls under act of god and we will let the ins. co fight it out but in 19 years we have not had to go that route but it's in their just in case

Thanks..

i had feeling it was that but was waffling in mind...

Thanks for all the info, i know i sure can take a lot from this.

Canyon

i'm the same way.....one man show, strictly referals (its really actually a hobby for me..) I qoute a price, they either say yes or no, and i go ahead (or not). No contracts, paperwork (except permit for tree removal). end of the day they hand me a cheque, i cash it a few minutes later.

i'm reading all these posts though and wondering if i should start making them sign a contract.....i kinda like the way i do thing s now, handshake etc....

i dunno...

:help:

i'm the same way.....one man show, strictly referals (its really actually a hobby for me..) I qoute a price, they either say yes or no, and i go ahead (or not). No contracts, paperwork (except permit for tree removal). end of the day they hand me a cheque, i cash it a few minutes later.

i'm reading all these posts though and wondering if i should start making them sign a contract.....i kinda like the way i do thing s now, handshake etc....

i dunno...

:help:

the hand shake thing is grate until something goes wrong and then most people will hang you (the tree co.) out to dry to cover their own a$$

the hand shake thing is grate until something goes wrong and then most people will hang you (the tree co.) out to dry to cover their own a$$

of course your right. For $300 I took a logger to court the guy was slick and it showed. judge gave me his log loader prentice on a mack. no contract just verbal.

Back