*** Webboard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phuck the Phucking ISA site, I am an ISA member and certified, have they emailed me my F????ING password in the last 3 years, F-NO!!

Ask me what I really think

:angry: :angry:

;)

I have only tried like 27,000 times. Just proves what a self serving IMPOTENT org it is...

ps - anyone want to loan me their log in and password :confused:

If by BEST you mean LOSER then yes, best of the best. :p

About sucking, I don't know much about doing that, I will just have to take your word for it... ;)

I traded emails with Jerri about the ISA board. Their building got hit w/lightning. Can anyone blame them for putting more effort into getting essential parts of the system up before the forums?

Instead of blathering on in this forum about the ISA forum, has anyone called the office or written an email to Jerri? Think of this as customer service. If you have poor customer service, you can do the easy thing and blather to all of your buddies or anyone who'll listen and be sympathetic or you can get hold of the business and find out why you're getting poor service. This, of course, is harder to do. You would actually have to schedule a time to call and interact with a real live person. Also, you might not be happy with the answer that you get back. Then you can always go back and whine to your buddies again.

Am I being an apologist for the ISA? You can decide for yourself. There are a few of the locals here who have been around since the greatest days of the ISA forum. During our journey over the last six years, there have been some trials.

I'm very frustrated too. Such is life. Take a minute and say the serenity prayer. The ISA forum may be one of those things that none of us can change but we can accept it for what it is :)

Tom

I used to go there all the time, now it might be once a month if that, and really it is only when I am dead bored or looking for something that I think I might be able to find there. Sure I could complain, but it is easier and less of a headache to just not use it.
If they can not check their hit rate and find that less people are going there and they don't have a process to know when the server is down that explains a lot of their problems. But coming from the organization that took 6 weeks to score and return results on a bubble in test (ISA Cert Arbo exam) I am not all that surprised. ISA is a good organization that needs to tighten up and control their processes a little better.
Greg
ISA Certified Arborist # FL1140-A

Tom, that is the sad thing about customer service, people don't always call you on it. You just have to figure there is a reason why they don't reuse your service. It is not my job to teach the ISA what good customer service is. Same with sherrill for that matter. Love the company. They are my first pick for products. Many times the same products are MUCH cheaper else where. Do I take sherrill up on their price matching offer?? NO!!I use the company that offers me the lowest, fair price everday, not just when I call them on it. I think price matching is inherently dishonest. (see sailnet)

It is not my job to call the ISA on their poor customer service. Instead, I will just not renew my membership and instead put that same money towards SKT A&B certifications.

Jerri ISA or who ever is in charge down there should take just a little time out and read Ken Blanchard's book, Raving Fans. Not sure ISA has any. :p

Apologies about the language before, I know it doesn't belong here just some long over due frustration. :rolleyes:

Is Doug's mssg board still up?

Last edited:
You'll never guess who sent me a password to their site. I am so honored.

Yes Mike, by loser, I mean really cool. :p :D

Amen.....

that and they are not a neutral party so why would they want people freely expressing ideas (about their org) if they have so few raving fans.

I've been active on the ISA forum for years and there has never been any editing of criticism of the organization.

Also, links to ANY other forum or web page is allowed. It gets bothersome to use ***or coded words here.

There is some good discussion threads going on there at times. I;ve learned a lot about PHC and the way to visualize tree issues from the participants.

One way to think about these forums is like nourishing food. In order to be healthy its recommended that we ingest food from several different food groups. Too much starch or protein isn't healthy. By staying in touch with several forums I find that I have a good balance of mental nutrition.

Tom

Originally posted by TREETX
Is Doug's mssg board still up?

I've never successfully logged into this site. For some reason, I get caught in a loop that continues to tell me to login.

I did a lot of learning by going to the ISA site and discussion groups. It has it's problems but it's still worth the visit.

Joe

Latest posts

Back