Weekend accomplishment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's some pics of what my dad and I got done this weekend. It's nice having help for a change.:)

We made all the cuts we could with a 44" bar first.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Switched over to the 72" bar to finish the rest.

attachment.php

Cants in the barn. Soon as possible each cant will be slabbed into 3 or 4 slabs depending on their size, shape, quality, etc. Some of the lower quality sections will be resawn into lumber.

attachment.php

Some really nice ray fleck showed up in all the heart cuts.

attachment.php

Aggie,
Loved the pics but what is that green stuff in the background? My mill is still under snow :( - maybe by the end of the week.
Very jealous in VT!

Great pictures, Aggie. I just want to know one thing, who helped stack those cants? I sure need a FEL to go along with a trailer, the list never ends.

Great pictures, Aggie. I just want to know one thing, who helped stack those cants? I sure need a FEL to go along with a trailer, the list never ends.

I stacked them with the skid steer. They weigh a little over 1100 lbs. each.

Speaking of trailers... have you looked into Odom trailers? My Dad has a 16' dump bed. They are probably the stoutest trailers I've seen and made in Conroe, TX.

I stacked them with the skid steer. They weigh a little over 1100 lbs. each.

Speaking of trailers... have you looked into Odom trailers? My Dad has a 16' dump bed. They are probably the stoutest trailers I've seen and made in Conroe, TX.

Just finished slabbing a big water oak too and will have to get the slabs on the bandmill to resaw before stacking because of the weight. Skidsteer would be nice.

Hadn't heard of Odom trailers, I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Back