Weird weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're under a tornado watch until 3 pm and then a winter weather advisory starts at 9 pm. It was 72 here yesterday.

I was in Grand Rapids Michigan then Minneapolis last week. Freeze your buns off. Then freezing rain and it's supposed to get up in the low 50's this week.

Weird indeed...

Snow, freezing rain Sunday night into yesterday. Woke up this morning to thunder, lightning, and 44 degree temps. Tomorrow is supposed to be a record high of 60 with rain. Then a flash freeze warning for tomorrow night as temps drop to 18 degrees.. Weird weather indeed...

Last week we had some of the coldest weather that we had seen in 2 years yesterday we all most got up to 70. Its raining a little now witch we me bad.

Just be thank full that we aren't getting a repeat of the 78 blizzard. Once in a life time is enough. Sixty some degrees then sub zero with a-hole deep snow.

We’re not gonna’ get those summertime temps… we’ve already hit our high for the day, balmy 46[sup]o[/sup] when I climbed out’a bed at 4:30 this morning (I think that’s as warm as it’s been since Thanksgiving)… been dropping ever since, and now at 11:00 AM the wind has switched to the NW and it’s 33[sup]o[/sup]. Supposedly we have a chance for thunderstorms early, then freezing rain, then sleet, then snow… as much as 6-inches or a bit more over the next 24-hours. Temperatures are supposed to keep dropping for the next 48-hours; lookin’ at -4[sup]o[/sup] tomorrow morning, -11[sup]o[/sup] Thursday morning with 30-35 MPH winds… that’s gonna’ be cold, damn cold! We’ll be lucky to get out of negative numbers at all on Thursday… and wind chills will stay well below -20[sup]o[/sup].

54 degrees when I got up this morning, 1/2 inch rain last night. Frost appears to be trying to come out, gravel lots and roads are heaving all over. Supposed to be down in teens tonight with rain coming turning to snow, then lower single digits for the rest of the week. Going to cut into my wood cutting time. I guess I can get some shop stuff I've been slacking at finished.

We had some spectacular lightning between midnight and sunrise. Still quite warm, but from Spidey's post above I am sure the cold will get this far south soon enough.

Here it is January 29th. Stock ponds should be frozen, cows bellowing for feed, but no. Woke up this morning with 73*. Temp is falling like acorns in a windstorm. and thunderstorms are building up. It's the 'Sign of Times' we're facing, and this ain't nothing.

We had some spectacular lightning between midnight and sunrise. Still quite warm, but from Spidey's post above I am sure the cold will get this far south soon enough.

yeah... it's a comin'.
Looks like you guys down around Iowa City might see a bit more snow, but you're gonna' luck-out and miss the sub-zero temps... still ain't gonna' be what I'd call warm though.

Duh. It's global warming!!! Didn't you guys listen to Al Gore??? It's from our smoke stacks and cattle farting!

54 here now, 40 miles north of GR. It would be great, if it weren't soaking wet and slop everywhere. Hopefully my ruck and trailer don't freeze to the ground again, but I think it is gonna get very cold very fast around here.

Yup weird indeed weird indeed, it looks like we're working saturday and sunday this week to get caught up after doing emergency jobs for stuff down from the ice yesterday and today its just too nasty to work outside its a good thing the HO's from jobs yesterday and today understand

Its 60 something degrees out today. We have not had a winter to speak of in at least 5 years. I have not used a half cord of wood this year. I want to buy a splitter, but if it doesn't get colder my 6 cords I already have split could last me 20 years.

Latest posts

Back