Welded Laminated Oregon Guide Bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a 14" 3005 Stihl mount 3/8" LP .050 gauge guide bar. The old Pro-Lite were welded. I can't find any information on their newer laminated bars as to which are glued and which are welded. Does anyone with direct knowledge know which are which?

Thanks,
Steve

I think the spot welded 3/8lp higher grade 9 tooth bars were pro91. Now we have families the 91px is in the control cut family, there is an aluminum core bar.
https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/p...ut-saw-chain-and-guide-bars/c/controlcut-sc-p
91vxl is in a different family and that might have a bar. Follow links from above to versacut. There may nose tooth differences.

Looks like advance cut replaces double guard for spot weld.

I think the spot welded 3/8lp higher grade 9 tooth bars were pro91. Now we have families the 91px is in the control cut family, there is an aluminum core bar.
https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/p...ut-saw-chain-and-guide-bars/c/controlcut-sc-p
91vxl is in a different family and that might have a bar. Follow links from above to versacut. There may nose tooth differences.

Looks like advance cut replaces double guard for spot weld.
I think that Oregon is hiding their bar's construction details due to previous issues with glued laminated bars. BTW, anything with an aluminum core is glued by default. A lot of the Advance cut bars have been discontinued.

This is why I went with TsuMura last time but these are not readily available due to supply chain issues.

I only have the speedcut ones. That is the NK.325 10 tooth nose. The first one fit .058 gauge, the second one is ok. The paint scheme is a bit different.

Bailey's has house brand bars that are universal mount that likely are 52dl. Stihl bars are good, the small ones are reasonably priced in the 0.043 gauge not sure about 0.050. they and likely the Oregon ones in that mount are 50dl.

I do not see how Oregon is hiding the aluminum core aspect. They used to answer email though not last time .

Latest posts

Back