Went to an all you can eat Chinese &

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Came home with this!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The food was good too! But, the real question is .....are these worth anything?
It pulls over well and is all there mechanically though the paint is worn. I did look it up on a couple of sites but other than the specs there wasn't much information................Bob

I saw one like that last week in a salvage yard that recycles old lawn tractors...Bob

If you saw one like that and you didn't come home with it, you're going to have to surrender your CAD card. Not all Remingtons are created equal.

The Bar is a

24" and the chain is most likely a 3/8 though I haven't looked at any of it much yet. (note the snow on the steps). I am going to see if it will run after a clean up and then make a decision on it's fate.
As far as getting these things via chinese resturants......Those of you who have seen first hand the extent of my CAD now know of my love of chinese food........:hmm3grin2orange:......bob

24" and the chain is most likely a 3/8 though I haven't looked at any of it much yet. (note the snow on the steps). I am going to see if it will run after a clean up and then make a decision on it's fate.
As far as getting these things via chinese resturants......Those of you who have seen first hand the extent of my CAD now know of my love of chinese food........:hmm3grin2orange:......bob

Send me a PM with the verdict. Good luck on the primer. One of the few saws with a true primer on it.

Food is always ok

Update......

As with the "all you can eat chinese" everything seems to have "worked out" just fine!.....:hmm3grin2orange:
Found some time between football and checked out the PL 7A. Compression is 115lbs., bore was clean (3 ring piston), fuel tank and pickup clean, good spark and it fired up. Ran from tank and responded to carb adjusments. I set it real fluffy on top end as it's never a good idea to set a reed valve saw lean without a load. Seems to run quite well and is real clean under the cowling! Next up is to clean up the bar, sharpen the chain and be sure it oils well. Not much rpm but still a pretty neat old chunk!.....:cheers::cheers:
I should get it into some wood over the week end........Bob

nice score bob, I did a vid with a pl7 that got sold and was running a 40" bar on it.

The way they tied the high idle to the decomp was an interesting feature.

the recoil said 95cc on it.

need to hunt the archives and see if that vid is around here still.

it was a cool saw :D

Problem with getting chainsaws at Chinese diners is you're just going to want another one in a couple hours.

LOLOL, can you say MSG???

I think they are starting to use heroin these days. . . . .

Last time I went to #1 buffet, I was on my ace after 20 minutes, 2 hours later I was jonesing for more...

Have fun Bob,, I am taking two untried huskys to the cabin for a test drive today. It's igloo weather here!!!:D
I'd rather be in my igloo watching the big screen!!!

Last edited:
As with the "all you can eat chinese" everything seems to have "worked out" just fine!.....:hmm3grin2orange:
Found some time between football and checked out the PL 7A. Compression is 115lbs., bore was clean (3 ring piston), fuel tank and pickup clean, good spark and it fired up. Ran from tank and responded to carb adjusments. I set it real fluffy on top end as it's never a good idea to set a reed valve saw lean without a load. Seems to run quite well and is real clean under the cowling! Next up is to clean up the bar, sharpen the chain and be sure it oils well. Not much rpm but still a pretty neat old chunk!.....:cheers::cheers:
I should get it into some wood over the week end........Bob

Bob,

If you can, post some pics of the beast all cleaned up. Don't get an opportunity to see those #7's all that often, and still wearing all their decals!. Glad you managed to pull a runner. Great score. I'm green with envy.

Latest posts

Back