Went to the new Tractor Supply today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PEST said:
I didn't care for the fit a finish on it it looked very cheap plastic

Show me a new saw that doesn't look like cheap plastic! They all do, to some degree or another, anymore.

That said, the Huskys are fine saws and do hold up well, even if their plastic does tend to fade and get chalky-looking.

PEST said:
I didn't care for the fit a finish on it it looked very cheap plastic

I like the husky plastic over stihl plastic. BUT the worthwhile stihls have metal recoil covers, that's very key.

Not anymore

The new are plastic.
I may come and see you on my thanksgiving trip to Maine if you are up for it
PM me
Archie

PEST said:
The new are plastic.
I may come and see you on my thanksgiving trip to Maine if you are up for it
PM me
Archie
Are you saying that the 353 is NOT a magnesium crankcase?

blis said:
i think he was referring to stihls metal recoil covers...
Thats true, clutch cover only.
Unless you're left handed, I don't know how banged up that would get. Hmmm.:confused:

It depends on the model... Of the pro range (200T excluded) only the 026 has a "plastic" recoil cover.

Not all "plastics" are the same... The structural plastic (side covers, tanks, etc) Stihl uses is PA66-GF - Glass fiber filled Nylon - really tough stuff.

Exactly

The ones I was referring too. I agree on the toughness and have seen more than a few metal parts break where plastic won't in the same application.

Stuff Happens
sometimes when one least expects it........................

PEST said:
Saw the new husky 353 is this a metal crankcase saw?
It is far from new (late 2002), and yes - the case and clutch cover is magnesium.

It is a pro quality saw, the same as the 346xp except the engine.
I am happy with mine!:)

TSC Huskys

They are all really pretty, cute saws. My wife said so... LMFAO:hmm3grin2orange:

SawTroll said:
It is far from new (late 2002), and yes - the case and clutch cover is magnesium.

It is a pro quality saw, the same as the 346xp except the engine.
I am happy with mine!:)

tsk tsk, its exactly the same as 346xp expect 2mm bigger bore...

Back