went to the Paul Bunion show in Cambridge OH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wojo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, this past weekend on 10/3/08 my brother and I went to the Paul Bunion show in Cambridge, OH. It was awesome, Carry Shepard had a tree felling seminar that was really cool. After the seminar he took his time and answered questions even one on one, I thought that was really great and I learned allot. Another thing that was really cool is that, Stihl, husqvarna, dolmar, and echo had tents set up so that you can try out different saws. we first went to the husqvarna tent and I tried out the 390XP and 395XP, both are really nice saws but for some reason the 390XP felt better then the 395XP but both had plenty of power. The next saw I tried out was the 346xp new edition. now maybe it's just me but I was a bit disappointed with it, it feels good in your hands and its nice and light but it didn't't seem to have the performance that i was expecting after reading all of the hype about it. Next stop was the Stihl tent, I tried out the 441, 460 and the 660. The 441 felt allot like my 372XP as far as power goes. The 460 was a great saw with plenty of power and it just felt good. The 660 was a beast but I wouldn't want to use it all day because it would be really heavy at the end of the day, at least for me it would be. But it's a really nice saw. The last saw tent that we stopped at was the Dolmar tent. I have never held a Dolmar before and wanted to try one out. The rep. asked me which one i would like to try? I said that I have been reading on arboristsite about the 5100 and the 7900 and that I would like to try those. First the 5100, I was surprised how little effort that it took to start it, the saw is light and revs quick, it felt comfortable in my hands. it felt like it has allot more power then the 346XP new edition and it feels miles ahead of my brothers stihl 260 Pro. I really like this saw. Then the last saw of the day that I tried was the 7900, it felt comfortable and for a saw of it's size, it felt really lite. I liked this saw the best out of every thing that I have used or tried including my 372XP. it revs out really fast and it seems to have more power then the other 80cc class saws. I think that if I buy another saw this will be it. The show also had tons of other equipment, Log splitters, chippers, portable saw mills heavy equipment. All of the vendor's and reps. were very informative and helpful, We were very impressed and had a great time I cant wait to go again next year.

Sounds like fun! Wish they had something like that here! Good to hear you liked the Dolmars too, Can't wait to get my own 5100!:cheers:

I hate to see the size of the bunion that Paul Bunyan would have if he had one on his foot......:)

Uhhh, the 372 and 441 are appx 70 cc saws......

Stock, a 7900 walks all over a 372, 441, or 460, and even beats a 385 Husky.

Woods modded, most say the speed is like this, in declining order: 385, 7900, 372, 460, and trailing by a lot is the 441.

Hey guys, this past weekend on 10/3/08 my brother and I went to the Paul Bunion show in Cambridge, OH. It was awesome, Carry Shepard had a tree felling seminar that was really cool. After the seminar he took his time and answered questions even one on one, I thought that was really great and I learned allot. Another thing that was really cool is that, Stihl, husqvarna, dolmar, and echo had tents set up so that you can try out different saws. we first went to the husqvarna tent and I tried out the 390XP and 395XP, both are really nice saws but for some reason the 390XP felt better then the 395XP but both had plenty of power. The next saw I tried out was the 346xp new edition. now maybe it's just me but I was a bit disappointed with it, it feels good in your hands and its nice and light but it didn't't seem to have the performance that i was expecting after reading all of the hype about it. Next stop was the Stihl tent, I tried out the 441, 460 and the 660. The 441 felt allot like my 372XP as far as power goes. The 460 was a great saw with plenty of power and it just felt good. The 660 was a beast but I wouldn't want to use it all day because it would be really heavy at the end of the day, at least for me it would be. But it's a really nice saw. The last saw tent that we stopped at was the Dolmar tent. I have never held a Dolmar before and wanted to try one out. The rep. asked me which one i would like to try? I said that I have been reading on arboristsite about the 5100 and the 7900 and that I would like to try those. First the 5100, I was surprised how little effort that it took to start it, the saw is light and revs quick, it felt comfortable in my hands. it felt like it has allot more power then the 346XP new edition and it feels miles ahead of my brothers stihl 260 Pro. I really like this saw. Then the last saw of the day that I tried was the 7900, it felt comfortable and for a saw of it's size, it felt really lite. I liked this saw the best out of every thing that I have used or tried including my 372XP. it revs out really fast and it seems to have more power then the other 80cc class saws. I think that if I buy another saw this will be it. The show also had tons of other equipment, Log splitters, chippers, portable saw mills heavy equipment. All of the vendor's and reps. were very informative and helpful, We were very impressed and had a great time I cant wait to go again next year.

Sounds like a awesome day for saw nuts!:love1:

Man so close yet I just couldn't make time to go. I'll make a point of it next year. Glad you had a good time!

Latest posts

Back