Went to the Stihl dealer with the wife..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asand1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
..to get fuel line for her moms tiller. She decided to get me a new 18" bar and chain for the 026. Anyone have issues with running an ematic bar on an older saw?
18ematic (1).jpg

Attachments

• 18ematic.jpg
    18ematic.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 16
That bar will be fine. I have noticed new bars dont seem to oil all that well untill they get a little run time must be all the paint.

She was ooing and awing at leaf blowers, saws (she wants a little top handle), and the MM55c-E Yard Boss. She might have the CAD bug too? She also asked me If I wanted to go to the wrecking yard while we were in town. I had a really nice day with her despite being up 29 Hours straight.

With the ematic bar reducing oil consumption up to 50%, should I turn the oiler down some?

I just took a day off to spend with my wife while the kids were in school. We went to a decorating store and I was ready to stay in the car, but she said no "we are spending the day together", OK. Later in the day I swing by the saw shop and she says "I'm not going in there, have fun"...

May be the new bars don't oil as well when new because the oiler hole is half plugged with new paint. I had to chip the excess paint out of the oiler hole on a new bar that came with my Dolmar.

I just took a day off to spend with my wife while the kids were in school. We went to a decorating store and I was ready to stay in the car, but she said no "we are spending the day together", OK. Later in the day I swing by the saw shop and she says "I'm not going in there, have fun"...
Thats when you come out with a new saw and say "you told me to have fun" :D

Back