Western Pa, Eastern Ohio, Northern West Virginia,Western New York GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wampum

Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This GTG has been planned for 3 months It will be at my place on March 12th. All are welcome. Just wanted to let all that can make it know they are welcome no matter where you are from.If your in the area stop by,I am at the last western exit on the Pa turnpike.(New Castle, Beaver Falls, Ellwood City)and about forty miles south of 80 close to routes 60 and 79.

Last edited:
I would be interested. Keep us posted on details.

Thanks for hosting a get together.
I might have to join as I'm so close, I'm curious though, what kinda activies go on at such an event?

-Mike

Thanks for hosting a get together.
I might have to join as I'm so close, I'm curious though, what kinda activies go on at such an event?

-Mike

Mike, it is a mix of sawing and jawing. To really sum it up, Just a bunch of guys with at least one thing in common, the love of chainsaws.

There will be tons of saws and a few splitters to play with. The host will have logs set up for people to try saws out on. At a lot of events, they have square cants cut and time people, similar to the stuff you see on tv. If you ever wanted to try a certain model of saw, it will probably be there to try out.

The address is Possum Hollow road Wampum Pa. 16157 If you need the house # or phone #,I will Pm them to you. Possum Hollow road is only about 3 miles long and I will have signs up. For cutting cookies I am going to bring in a bunch of 10 to 12 inch sassafras from my woods. Should be plenty to cut. I already have cherry down so I will put it by the splitters if you want to try it. I believe we will have a super split and I will have my split fire.If anyone wants to bring a different brand you are welcome too. I am not trying to get others to split my wood,you are welcome to bring your own if you want. Just trying to give you a chance to try different splitters. Also I believe lots of different saws will be here for you to try.
I am not planning on being fancy with the food,probably Hot Dogs and a couple of side dishes. You are welcome to bring pot luck. I will have lots of soda and coffee.

Latest posts

Back