Western Washington Loggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.aspx

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I posted this in Forestry / Logging also...

I'm up north ( Whatcom / Skagit County ) and was wondering what the going rate for a log truck load of firewood is nowadays.

For those of us that don't have the luxury of owning a woodlot the next best thing is to purchase a log truck load of firewood that is cleaned up after a site is cleared. I've heard of people charging as low as $40 a cord and as high as $120 ( which is insane seeing as how I can get wood that is seasoned, cut, split, and delivered for this price ).

Any of you located ( or willing to drive :D ) in or around this part of the state? If so, how much for a mixed load of Birch, Maple, & Alder? I've met someone near my house that is willing to split the costs and let me store it on his property. All I need to do is cut it next year and that is fine by me!

Bump. It's been awhile and I'm still looking ;)

For green wood I was quoted $125 / cord yesterday. F**k that. Right now I can get seasoned Cherry, Maple, Birch split and delivered for that cost.

More fun to cut it myself though!

With pulp and fuel prices on the rise, the price you were quoted doesn't sound unreasonable. I've heard pulp prices upwards of $40/ton in some places and a typical log truck will haul around 30 tons depending on axle configuration. This would put a load around $1,200 and most folks figure about 10 cords give or take a little.

If you're looking for something cheaper and have good truck access, talk to some of your local clearing contractors. I know there were times it was easier and more cost affective for me to find someone close to give the logs to rather than truck them to a mill or waste site. Most of the time I just wanted to get rid of the wood so I could finish the job and get paid.

Back