Wha? Carb adjust screw vibrating out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoelinAsheville

Reaction score
So, pulled the pastic limiter off my carb adjuster high screw of my Husqvarna 350.

Now the screw actually turns itself while the saw's on. The vibration actually backs it all the way out.

What the heck? Any recommendations?

Welcome to arboristsite!

Your supposed to trim the tabs off and reinstall. The limiter takes the place of the springs that prior models had installed.

However you really need to be asking the questions in the chain saw forum.

Clean the screw thread really well and apply a few small spots of loctite (the non-permanent variety, not too much) then screw it into the threaded hole.
When it is dry, crack the thread and adjust as required.
You may want to practice this with a another similarly sized screw and nut to see how much loctite is needed

Clean the screw thread really well and apply a few small spots of loctite (the non-permanent variety, not too much) then screw it into the threaded hole.
When it is dry, crack the thread and adjust as required.
You may want to practice this with a another similarly sized screw and nut to see how much loctite is needed

I was thinking about loctite, but I wondered if I would have trouble make adjustments after putting it on. So it works, eh? I'll give it a shot. I also heard there's something similar to loctite that's fuel resistant.

I just that about just cutting off the plastic nubs, but unfortunately, it's too late. I pulled the whole thing off and threw it away. Dang.

About the chainsaw forum, I thought this was it - the place to talk saws and mills. Where's the one specifically for saws? Thanks to you both for the help.

Finger nail polish works well as a non permanent thread locker. The "official" loctite for small screws is purple. Don't use red!

Bobl method will work but if you become anal like most has here you will want to tune for changing weather conditions and after several adjustments thread locker will more than likely be gone.

You local husky dealer should get you some new limiters (trim the tabs off) for a few clams.

We discuss big saws here in this forum being used for milling. The actual chainsaw forum is down quite a bit down the main page. If you hang out on arborist site and are infected with CAD you will probably be back to here!

Latest posts

Back